Deloitte Specialist Leader, Operations Transformation, Healthcare in Boston, Massachusetts
Specialist Leader, Operations Transformation, Healthcare
Offering - What we do
Operations Transformation practitioners serve as trusted advisors to our clients, combining strategic thinking with deep industry knowledge to solve complex business problems in a team-based environment. We architect operating models and processes that enable growth, optimize capital, and maximize operational efficiency.
Industry - Who we serve
Deloitte's Healthcare Consulting practice is one of the largest in the world. Our practice delivers distinctive services to the country's largest national and regional health plans, 10 of the 10 largest healthcare systems and 8 of the 10 largest for-profit healthcare systems in the US.
Candidates will be at the intersection of leading business and tech enabled transformation journey's and improving performance with our clients. Practitioners will have the opportunity to leverage the industry's leading healthcare innovations and digital transformations to influence the Future of Health. Our healthcare practice seeks to transform the delivery of care, modernize the industry and enhance our clients' business and operational models.
The ideal candidate will be curious, analytical, and confident, with a natural drive to exceed immediate project requirements and overcome obstacles. A genuine passion for the healthcare industry, combined with relationship-building, leadership, and communication skills will be critical to success. Candidates should be energized by continuous personal improvement, proactively seeking out new skills and perspectives, exhibiting openness to coaching from senior colleagues, and contributing to the development of junior staff.
Specialist Leaders are expected to contribute to the firm's growth and development in a variety of ways, including:
• Engagement Management: Lead engagement planning and budgeting; mobilize and manage engagement teams; define deliverable structure and content; facilitate buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client; direct on-time, quality delivery of work products; manage engagement economics; manage engagement risk
• Client Management: Manage day to day interactions with executive clients and sponsors
• Business Development: Develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients; organize and lead pursuit teams; participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process; contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies
• Practice Development & Eminence: Develop practical solutions and methodologies; assist in developing "thoughtware" and "point- of-view" documents; participate in public speaking events; get published in industry periodicals
• People Development: Perform role of counselor and coach; provide input and guidance into the staffing process; actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities; provide leadership and support for delivery teams and staff in local offices
Bachelor's degree from accredited university
Minimum of 10 years of professional experience in a health care or consulting setting (or at least 4 years with MBA/MHA/equivalent master's degree)
8+ years of experience with business and clinical operations experience and subject matter expertise on Value Based Care, Population Health Management, Care Management, and Analytics; Clinical and HP Operations and Pharmacy/PBM
Demonstrates consistent career progression with increasing levels of responsibility
Competent in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
Travel up to 50%
In addition, successful Specialist Leaders will also have the following preferred skills
Advanced degree in business or health care-related field (e.g., MHA, MBA) from a top tier program
Superior critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
Exceptional interpersonal, team-building and communication skills
Ability to build consensus and foster change in a client business setting
Tolerance for working in ambiguous, uncertain environments
Outstanding integrity, initiative, creativity, and passion
Experience leading or managing teams and change initiative
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
- Deloitte Jobs