IBM Sr. Edge Computing Architect in Boston, Massachusetts
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk!
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Sr. Edge Computing Architect in IBM’s next-gen network and edge computing practice, you will lead the design and implementation of edge computing solutions for enterprise clients. Edge computing is transforming industries that rely on a large number of interconnected devices that produce massive amounts of data by pushing latency-sensitive computation closer to where the data is created. The application of AI and machine learning on such data is automating factory floors, warehouses and fleets of connected vehicles, among others. Clients are leveraging the next generation of wireless networks including 5G and edge cloud platforms to support this transformation.
• You will design and implement edge computing architectures for enterprise clients especially in industrial, manufacturing, automotive and distribution.
• Design the entire edge stack including edge compute infrastructure, network, edge cloud platform, edge middle-ware and applications.
• Understand client requirements and develop innovative solutions to address them.
• Solve challenging design requirements including latency, quality of service, throughput, scale (thousands / millions of connected devices and terabytes of data per second).
• Explore novel approaches to system integration.
• Create repeatable processes and artifacts that will be used at scale to develop and evolve edge computing designs.
• Support technical sales by engaging with clients to evangelize the adoption of edge computing and the use cases that it enables in support of a client’s digital transformation.
• Work with Product offering team and customers to converge on offering requirements.
• Work with Engineering teams to define detailed Engineering requirements and system-level design, as well as providing architectural expertise and guidance.
• Interface with customers on all technical matters of lab trials, testing and deployments.
• Engage with customers in explaining the technical details of our offerings and propose solutions for customer specific requirements.
• Work with cross functional teams (network, cloud, software, compute) and develop technical activities for customer trials and deployments.
• Propose new, creative solutions for complex, system-wide problems.
Nice to have skills :
• Knowledge of DevOps and SysAdmin tools and practices, especially Openshift, CI/CD, shell scripting, and Linux.
• Experience working in multiple industries.
• Demonstrated competency and knowledge of the Python programming language.
• Experience in shell scripting and network automation platforms such as Ansible, AWX, Chef, Puppet, Terraform, or others.
• Demonstrated competency and knowledge of Linux operating systems such as Red Hat, Ubuntu, or others; containerization platforms such as Docker and Kubernetes; and virtualization technologies such as VMWare and KVM.
• Familiarity with network security, Dev-Ops, Dev-Sec-Ops, Dev-Net-Ops.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• 5+ years of experience in designing / deploying / documenting solutions for large clients.
• 5+ years of experience in technical consulting and project leadership, including a proven ability to define and shape winning solutions for clients.
• 2+ years of experience leading teams of other technical subject matter experts and architects.
• Experience with one or more of the following edge cloud platforms: AWS, Azure, IBM Cloud.
• Ability to design / deploy / document edge computing solutions using the above technologies.
• Solution mind-set: ability to connect the dots to conceptualize a solution, value proposition, and create blueprints.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• 10+ years of experience in designing / deploying / documenting solutions for large clients.
• 10+ years of experience in technical consulting and project leadership, including a proven ability to define and shape winning solutions for clients.
• 5+ years of experience leading teams of other technical subject matter experts and architects.
• Edge computing infrastructure and middle-ware.
• CCNP (CCIE Preferred RS, DC, or Enterprise).
• Software-defined networking.
• Private LTE / 5G.
• Experience in designing and developing large-scale systems.
• Experience in analyzing and responding to market requirements, RFIs, etc.
• Experience with system-level testing and performance evaluation of Edge computing solutions and familiarity with related tools.
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
IBM intends this job to be performed entirely outside of Colorado.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- IBM Jobs