Gilbane Sr Transition Project Manager - Program Manager in Boston, Massachusetts
The Senior Transition Project Manager/Program Manager is responsible for the implementation and tactical execution of all project activities on a large, complex transition project, either individually or through supervision of less senior project staff.
This position is designed to bridge communications between our client and their client. Gilbane will work to create their own Transition Plan that integrate and compliment the overall Project Schedule, creating a conduit for collaboration and consistent communications to meet the overall project objectives with the least disruption possible.
Fully understand operational requirements and how they will be impacted by the project.
Facilitate a collaborative and timely exchange of information.
Proactively monitor the transition planning efforts and report out on potential areas for risk mitigation.
Maintain the necessary agency level documentation for historical reference.
Prepare presentations on project planning progress, potential cost impacts and potential solutions requiring steering committee review.
Hold preliminary meetings with client planning, design, construction and furniture to understand the client process and procedures.
Serve as the direct point of contact for the client on the assigned projects
Resolve project problems when multiple parties are involved
Write and develop project proposals
Oversee the development of complex databases and project schedules
Present information to the client in faciliation of decision making
Oversee the completion of project reporting requirement and develop custom reporting
Manage the project cost report and take accountability for project performance, making decisions on project expenditures in support of project execution
• BS or MS degree in logistics or related field
• 5-7 years of project management experience, including 1-2 years of consulting experience
• Or equivalent combination of education and experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Proficient in MS Office
• Excellent listening skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Construction document and drawing literate with knowledge of all phases of construction
• Knowledge of scheduling software, CADD and Access database
• Detailed knowledge of at least two TPM market sectors, such as healthcare, government/military, research and development/laboratory, or higher education
• Demonstrated ability to manage complex project teams
• Ability to demonstrate insight on TPM consulting strategy and interest in strategy formation
Gilbane offers an excellent total compensation package which includes competitive health and welfare benefits and a generous profit-sharing/401k plan. We invest in our employees’ education and have built Gilbane University into a top training organization in the construction industry. Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test. Gilbane is not accepting unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters at this time.
Gilbane is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Tracking Code: 2021-4629
Name: Gilbane Building Company
External Company URL: http://www.gilbaneco.com/