Chewy Staff Product Designer - Loyalty in Boston, Massachusetts
Chewy is dedicated to being the most trusted and convenient online destination for pet parents (and partners), everywhere. The Chewy Product Design and Research team embraces this vision, crafting experiences that aim to delight customers (and the businesses and veterinarians that support them) with unprecedented ease and convenience, empowering them to keep their pets happy and healthy. We are a hard-working, collaborative, and fun-loving team of designers, researchers, and builders, on the lookout for creative and driven talent to join the pack.
We are seeking a Staff Product Designer in Bellevue, WA or Boston, MA offices to design experiences that delight pet parents with exciting value and benefits. The ideal candidate is comfortable with high-ambiguity, is customer-obsessed, and able to earn trust with cross-functional partners. This requires a bias for action, coupled with thoughtful experimentation. The ideal candidate will be a systems-level design thinker and visionary, with strong customer instincts and outstanding design intuition.
The Chewy product design team works on innovating our flagship Chewy platforms and developing new products and services across the entire Chewy ecosystem. Our work helps pet parents find just the right toys, food, and medicine to keep them happy and healthy. Supporting pet parents in finding their next pet and being there to answer urgent questions using veterinarian telemedicine. Ensuring that our customer care and fulfillment teams have just the right tools to wow our customers with seven-star service.
What You'll Do:
• Transform customer and business objectives into compelling products that have purpose, simplicity, and are feasible to build.
• Lead innovative and systems thinking across a range of products, platforms, and devices with a bias for action and a customer focus.
• Guide the design process from end to end: Discovery and concept ideation, flows and wireframes, and full-fidelity prototype designs.
• Collaborate with product managers, developers, content strategists, user researchers, and other designers.
• Champion cohesion and consistency to unite a growing family of products while building a culture of invention and innovation.
• Clearly present your design process, inspiration, and decisions to stakeholders, including C-suite executives.
• Nurture Chewy’s culture and principles within the group and set new standards for executional and operational excellence.
What You'll Need:
• 7+ years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar role.
• 4+ years of experience leading large-scale initiatives and mentoring designers in your area of expertise.
• A track record of designing high-quality digital products that delivered results and demonstrate the depth of your design skills; illustrated in a portfolio or case studies.
• Achieved mastery of a core set of design skills in interaction design, information architecture, and user interface design.
• Demonstrated communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills that clearly communicate complex concepts across different audiences and levels of the organization.
• A proven ability to evaluate the customer and business impact of your design decisions inside and outside your own product area.
• Bachelor’s degree (or an equivalent degree) in Design, HCI, or a related field, or equivalent professional experience with the design field.
• Position may require travel and will require time in the local office.
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members. If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, and you need an accommodation during the application process or to perform these job requirements, or if you need a religious accommodation, please contact CAAR@chewy.com.
If you have a question regarding your application, please contact HR@chewy.com.