Charles River Laboratories Study Support Technician 3 in Boston, Massachusetts
Study Support Technician 3
Req ID #: 113036
Boston, MA, US, 02115
For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered for this position,a resume/CV must be uploaded and submitted during the application process. Please make sure work history and education are added correctly.
Charles River, Insourcing Solutions, is seeking a Study Technican 3, for their Boston,MA., contract. The candidate will observe, monitor and document the health and physical environment within the client’s animal facility. Perform animal care and husbandry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop an understanding of and regularly utilize available information resources and systems (e.g., SOPs, policies, computer applications).
• Assemble, set up, and operate any necessary experimental equipment.
• Conduct laboratory procedures in compliance with established protocols/plans and with regulatory and laboratory requirements.
• Document experimental data in technical notebooks or approved electronic files including activities undertaken, existing conditions, observed results and variation from expected data patterns.
• Record and prepare data for inclusion in project reports.
• With guidance from scientific management, maintain a technical knowledge and understanding in his/her assigned area of responsibility.
• Able to perform the following techniques:
• Oral gavage in rodents
• IV, SQ, IP, IM injection techniques in rodents
• Blood collection:
• Tail vein in rodents
• Orbital sinus in rodents
• Cardiac in rodents
• Necropsy and tissue collection
• Rodent euthanasia via exsanguination preceded by administration of CO2 or anesthesia; cervical dislocation preceded by administration of CO2 or anesthesia; or, administration of CO2.
• Interact with other personnel within the department, key support groups and the division, to develop a network of resources to facilitate completion of assignments.
• Assist in planning and executing studies under the guidance of the PI.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
Education: B.S./B.A. degree in Biological Sciences or related field from an accredited college or university is required. MS preferred.
E xperience: Must have at least 4 years of previous laboratory animal research experience with a concentration on rodents in pharmacologic applications.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
Certification/Licensure: Preferred but not required.
· Other: Basic computer skills preferred.
IMPORTANT:A resume is required to be considered for this position.If you have not uploaded your resume in your candidate profile, please return to upload field and attach your resume/CV.
About Insourcing Solutions
Charles River Insourcing Solutions℠ can streamline research by delivering operational and cost efficiencies through the strategic insourcing of GMP, GLP and non-GLP research services from discovery through safety assessment. Insourcing Solutions℠ provides you with the ability to maintain control of your facility and expertise while leveraging available space.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 17,000 employees within 90 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2019, revenue increased to $2.62 billion.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of 85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2019.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vet.
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to crrecruitment_US@crl.com. This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For more information, please visit www.criver.com.
Charles River Laboratories
- Charles River Laboratories Jobs