Cisco Systems Engineer - Commercial Sales - Boston Metro Territory - 1231304 in Boston, Massachusetts
Systems Engineer - Commercial Sales - Boston Metro Territory - 1231304
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, US
Area of Interest Engineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Job Type Professional
Technology Interest *None
Job Id 1231304
What You'll Do
Is technology your passion? Do you want to work for a company where you can see your ideas come to life? Do you want to consistently work with industry leaders and knowledge experts that will help shape your future and career? Do you want a company that has excellent benefits, strong employee programs, and an awesome PTO policy right from the start? Then look no further than Cisco!! As a Systems Engineer at Cisco, you will partner with our Account Executives in a pre-sales technical role, showcasing Cisco product solutions-setting up demonstrations and explaining features and benefits to customers-and designing and configuring products to meet specific customer needs. Gain access to the broad palette of Cisco technologies and applications in a variety of vertical markets. In additional to technological aptitude, and the ability to learn quickly and stay current, the ideal candidate's interpersonal, presentation and troubleshooting skills evoke passion and confidence. Direct account and partner responsibilities for selected accounts in assigned territory. Keep up-to-date on relevant competitive solutions, products and services. Provide technical and sales support for accounts in assigned territory Perform technical presentations for customers, partners and prospects. Assist with the development of formal sales plans and proposals for assigned opportunities. Actively participate as a specialist on assigned Virtual Team and provides consultative support in their area of specialization to other Systems Engineers. Must identify area of specialization.
Who You'll Work With
We are the Commercial Territory. A team of Systems Engineers who partner with Account Managers. We work with partners and customers to ensure the best possible solution. We have been in roles from 2 years to 16 years and support and empower each other. We have a wide range of interests outside of work, but we all love technology (and most of us have built our own Cisco network in our homes)! Check out what a Cisco Systems Engineer is all about!!
Who You Are
· You are passionate about the customer experience and excited about new technology. You are a true team player and love to learn. You have:
· * 4+ years-related experience preferred (less will be considered). Cisco product experience or relevant experience in key competitor offerings in technology area of emphasis required. Pre-Sales experience required.
· * Typically requires BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent.
· * Knowledge of baseline SE skills and in-depth knowledge in at least one area of specialization in either Data Center, Collaboration, Security or Route/Switch/Wireless.
· * Knowledge and strong operating experience in at least one of the following areas of specialization: Data Center, Collaboration (Voice, Video), Security or Route/Switch/Wireless.
· * Knowledge of relevant solutions sets, product line specifications, performance criteria and applications.
· * Competitive knowledge (in their area of specialization) including solution, technology and product offerings.
· * Understanding and conversant about company, competitors, technologies, solutions, product strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
· * Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
· * Ability to work effectively, add value as a team member and assume a leadership role for the team.
· * Demonstrated technical knowledge and consultative skills.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, and we love to have fun. We are passionate about our customers! We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
We Are Cisco.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.