EY Technology Consulting, Financial Services, Senior - Risk Solution Architect in Boston, Massachusetts
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Technology Consulting, Financial Services, Senior – Risk Solution Architect
EY is the only professional services firm with a separate business unit (“FSO”) that is dedicated to the financial services marketplace. Our FSO teams have been at the forefront of every event that has reshaped and redefined the financial services industry. If you have a passion for rallying together to solve the most complex challenges in the financial services industry, come join our dynamic FSO team!
You’ll get to work on cutting edge disruptive technologies and assist with building and implementing new technology solutions and products to address challenges faced by the banking industry.
Our Risk Solution Architecture practice helps clients modernize systems, processes, and products to enhance business and customer-facing platforms and services to support high performance in a rapidly changing, competitive environment. The team leverages Microservices, Cloud, API Management, and open-source technologies to enable end-to-end automation with safe and sound architecture at optimum cost.
The Risk Solution Architecture team is changing the way they our clients interact with their customers, employees, and partners alike. We are modernizing their applications, creating new ones, and driving business efficiency across their ever-changing platform and channel infrastructures. Everything we do centers around this simple story.
Your key responsibilities
You’ll be responsible for working directly with clients to transform their business capabilities into system architectures. You will consistently deliver quality client services by monitoring progress and will demonstrate in-depth technical capabilities and professional knowledge.
Skills and attributes for success
• Effectively work with client engagement teams with diverse skills and backgrounds fostering an innovative and inclusive work environment.
• Demonstrate understanding of current technology environment and industry trends and provide recommendations for engagement and client service issues.
• Demonstrate intellectual curiosity by researching client inquiries and emerging issues related to regulations, industry practice and new application technologies.
To qualify for the role you must have
• A Bachelor's degree (computer science, engineering, or related field) and approximately 3 years of related work experience in a Technology role in a financial services company OR
• A Master’s degree (computer science, engineering, or related field) and approximately 2 years of related work experience in a financial services company
• Experience with at least one programming language (Java, Scala, Python)
• Hands on experience with at least one relational database system such as MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills for technical writing and client presentations using tools such as PowerPoint/Excel/Word/Visio
• Ability to innovate and adapt to a rapidly changing client landscape and develop/enhance EY services to meet new demands
Ideally, you’ll also have
• Demonstrated technology experience in one or more of following areas:
o reconciliation and operational controls assessment and design
o risk data quality and governance
o attestation framework design and implementation
o business and functional architecture blueprint
o knowledge across multiple regulatory reports
• Experience at a financial services company or comparable experience working as a consultant in a professional services firm delivering advisory services
• Domain driven design experience, preferably focused on financial services (Banking & Capital Markets, Wealth and Asset Management, Insurance)
• Implementation experience in SOA (for e.g., Service Orchestration, Service Choreography, Event Driven Architecture, Messaging middleware, etc.)
• Experience working with Big Data technologies such as Spark, MapReduce, YARN, HDFS, Hive, Impala, Oozie, HBase, Elasticsearch, Cassandra
What we look for
We’re interested in self-motivated individuals who can easily function in a high demand, performance-driven environment. If you’re passionate about problem-solving and helping our clients with some of their most complex issues, this role is for you.
What We Offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you will decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You will also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Continuous learning: You will develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
• Success as defined by you: We will provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
• Transformative leadership: We will give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
• Diverse and inclusive culture: We will be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
The salary range for this position in Denver is $88,000- $163,300
The salary range for this position in Stamford is $96,700- $179,600
The salary range for this position in Hartford is $88,000- $163,300
The salary range for this position in Las Vegas is $83,500- $155,100
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
EY is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and either need assistance applying online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call 1-800-EY-HELP3, type Option 2 (HR-related inquiries) and then type Option 1 (HR Shared Services Center), which will route you to EY’s Talent Shared Services Team or email SSC Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- EY Jobs