Skillsoft UX Designer II in Boston, Massachusetts
UX Designer II
At SumTotal, we are all about making work matter. We believe every team member has the potential to be AMAZING. We are bold, sharp, driven and most of all, real. Join us in our quest to democratize learning and help individuals unleash their edge.
We are seeking a talented, experienced and enthusiastic UX Designer to join our growing world-wide UX team to create innovative solutions for SumTotal’s corporate learning and talent management products.
The User Experience Designer will work with a cross-functional team of UX researchers, product managers and engineers as you design compelling, usable experiences across a breadth of digital platforms. Candidates should have a solid understanding of user-centered design principles, requirement gathering, interaction design, prototyping principals and applications, and an interest in the technical aspects that bring designs to life. They should be proficient in communicating and translating the ideas of the team into presentable formats as well as the ability to lead collaborative design techniques.
Skills & Qualifications
· Collaborate with UX research, product management, engineering and QA teams to develop UI design approaches that meet business goals and satisfy user experience needs
· Provide iterative design sketches, mental models, user flows, wireframes and high quality prototypes to describe navigation schema, user tasks, and user journeys for product features or enhancements
· Participate in design workshops to gain consensus and inform design utilizing user centered design techniques
· Create sketches and prototypes to communicate design concepts to the extended team as well as management
· Work closely with development teams to assure integrity of designs in final products
· Leverage understanding of current and emerging technologies, industry trends and standards, and device capabilities
· Work with other UX team disciplines to develop comprehensive pattern libraries applicable across SumTotal
· Bachelors or Masters degree in UX Design, Human Factors, or related field
· 3-5 years of experience as a UX Designer for web-based, mobile or desktop software applications defining, developing, and documenting UX design
· Solid understanding of user-centered and design thinking principles
· Careful attention to detail, as well as ability to grasp multiple product requirements concurrently
· Experience designing interfaces to support a broad range of responsive/adaptive HTML/CSS Frameworks
· Excellent communication and collaboration skills
· Proficiency in UX design and documentation applications (wireframing, prototype development) such as Invision, Sketch, Axure, etc.
· Experience working in Agile development teams and with other development methodologies
· A humble expert with an open-mind who knows that great ideas come from anyone and enjoys learning from and collaborating with others to deliver best-in-class experiences
· Portfolio with projects demonstrating process (conceptualization through realization) and design justification
· Demonstrated understanding of UI complexities such as cross-browser requirements and accessibility standards
· Experience running design workshops a plus
Adaptable and Agile. We reward risk taking.
Confident & Audacious Achiever. We commit to be the brand.
Entrepreneurial Spirit with Learner’s Mindset. We stay curious.
Committed to our Collective Purpose. We unleash our edge together.
Authentic & Customer Centric. We get real.
MORE ABOUT SKILLSOFT:
Skillsoft delivers online learning, training, and talent solutions to help organizations unleash their edge. Leveraging immersive, engaging content, Skillsoft enables organizations to unlock the potential in their best assets – their people – and build teams with the skills they need for success. Empowering 36 million learners and counting, Skillsoft democratizes learning through an intelligent learning experience and a customized, learner-centric approach to skills development with resources for Leadership Development, Business Skills, Technology & Development, Digital Transformation, and Compliance.
Skillsoft and SumTotal are partners to thousands of leading global organizations, including many Fortune 500 companies. The company features three award-winning systems that support learning, performance and success: Skillsoft learning content, the Percipio intelligent learning experience platform, and the SumTotal suite for Talent Development, which offers measurable impact across the entire employee lifecycle. Learn more at www.skillsoft.com.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we would love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.
Skillsoft is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer: It is the policy of Skillsoft Corporation to provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability (mental or physical), protected veteran status, genetic information or any other class protected by law.