IBM UX/Visual Designer, Quantum Team in Boston, Massachusetts
IBM Services is looking for a UX/Visual Designer to add to the design team. You’d be part of the GBS Strategic Design Team whose mission is to leverage design to transform the way IBM Services works and interacts with our clients. You’d collaborate with the IBM Quantum Consulting team and IBM Research to design the experience we want our clients to have as they partner with us to pursue quantum applications in their industries. You’d be a key member of a multi-disciplinary squad focused on using design thinking practices to develop functional demos leveraging Quantum technology in numerous industry applications.
Your Role and Responsibilities
• Produce mood boards, storyboards, design briefs, user flows, prototypes, and other artifacts required to develop and evolve user experience designs.
• Work with design team to lobby for and plan evaluation of prototypes to ensure a delightful user experience.
• Defend design choices using previous user research, heuristics and usability standards.
• Create world-class user experiences and visuals that support and reinforce IBM vision, brand and business objectives across all platforms.
• Provide support during discussions with clients and help assess design needs for projects.
• Understand the larger strategic goal and understanding how to work within that constraint.
• Develop mid-fidelity and hi-fidelity mockups when necessary.
• Rapidly build and iterate prototypes.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Experience developing a conceptual model and delivering concrete experiences in service of that model.
• Must have the ability to successfully negotiate and evolve the design with stakeholders and the working team, to ensure the integrity of the design is upheld in the delivered product or service.
• Demonstrated knowledge of best practices in UX Patterns, web standards, mobile design patterns.
• Demonstrated knowledge of best practices in typography, color theory and iconography.
• Demonstrated ability to produce quick, low-fidelity sketches and sleek, high fidelity visuals on tight schedules to test and validate with users.
• Demonstrated ability to synthesize real user feedback into designs.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• 2+ years of UX design experience
• Knowledge of design tools including Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch
• Portfolio that displays a solid understanding of design principles and interface design
• Fluency in English.
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- IBM Jobs