Aon Corporation Vice President, Engagement Management in Boston, Massachusetts
Aon is looking for a Vice President
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions supporting our Engagement Management team in Boston. As a Vice President you will report directly to the Managing Director.
Stroz Friedberg, an Aon company, is a specialized risk management firm built to help clients solve the complex challenges prevalent in today’s digital, connected, and regulated business world. Our focus is on cybersecurity, with leading experts in digital forensics, incident response, and security science; investigations; eDiscovery; and due diligence.
Our aim is to guide businesses through the maze of complexities found at the intersection of law, technology, investigations, compliance, and security. We seek truth—uncovering facts and evidence ethically—to help organizations address their most significant risk issues. Sometimes we are called in after an incident to perform an investigation, while other times we help clients assess how prepared and protected they are from threats. Our clients call us, and we are at our best, when the stakes are high and the potential for damage is great. At Stroz Friedberg, we are united by a common goal—to maximize the health of an organization, ensuring its longevity, protection, and resilience.
The Vice President role is a pivotal role for Stroz Friedberg as the organization embarks on expansion. The ideal candidate will possess deep knowledge, credibility and expertise in the areas of digital forensics, cybercrime, data breach, compliance, electronic discovery and business intelligence and investigations matters. This executive should be well versed and comfortable in contributing expertise, strong execution and project delivery skills to facilitate meaningful and enduring client relationships. There will be a strong emphasis on maximizing opportunity through seamless coordination and delivering meaningful results in conjunction with client expectations. Superior service is clearly a hallmark for Stroz Friedberg and a strategic focus as the organization expands. Ideally, the Vice President role will provide a springboard of opportunity for promotion to Managing Director, which places greater emphasis on revenue generation and client management.
He/She must demonstrate a balance between subject matter expertise and a keen sense for approaching investigations in a thorough and timely manner. He/She will utilize and leverage a broad set of capabilities to include technical acumen to approach client engagements in an educated manner to deliver meaningful value. It will be of paramount importance to exercise his/her reputation and integrity to develop market rapport and value for a broad range of clients.
- Establish and manage relationships with key buyers through regular meetings and other touch points to increase awareness of our firm’s capabilities and introduce relevant subject matter experts.
- Develop leads sourced by other members of the Enterprise Sales Group (ESG) or subject matter experts.
- Define and execute a pursuit strategy including value proposition development, meeting and orals preparation, proposal creation, stakeholder analysis, and competitive assessment.
- Participate in client meetings to qualify opportunities, validate the Stroz Friedberg value proposition, and ensure the sales process is progressing at pace.
- Understand clients’ needs, existing and potential projects, and budget and share these insights with the Stroz Friedberg / Aon team to enhance the firm’s understanding of its clients.
- Establish relationships with Procurement departments to ensure Stroz Friedberg is considered for relevant buying cycles.
- Introduce Stroz Friedberg team members to relevant contacts, invite and host contacts at Stroz Friedberg sponsored events or other events where Stroz Friedberg is present.
- Work with subject matter experts within the firm to establish contracting arrangements (e.g. business terms, fees, SOWs).
- Demonstrate interest in, and aptitude for, the business and technical issues encountered across the Stroz Friedberg client base.
- Synthesize client issues by utilizing a high level of subject matter expertise into meaningful and profitable consulting advice.
- Develop broader experiences through diligence, expertise and client interaction to work towards promotion to Managing Director.
The ideal candidate will bring experience from a top tier consulting firm, a relevant boutique or legal environment. Specifically, he/she will possess acute awareness of subject matter expertise to facilitate client interactions and drive the execution of complex client engagements. He/She will manage and conduct comprehensive examinations on a variety of topics and require very strong communication skills. We seek an executive with a strong track record of establishing credibility and capable client facing orientation. Moreover, he/she should possess the following attributes:
- Positive reputation and credibility among peers as a professional who is respected for their intelligence and technical expertise.
- Awareness of the market and a proven track record on relevant matters across commercial and public sectors to garner immediate respect from client base.
- Strong familiarity with the top legal firms, as well as deep and broad knowledge of future trends and legal aspects associated with Stroz Friedberg’s advisory oriented service offerings.
- Well-connected, results-oriented communicative leader who can foster relationships and promote the broader company strategy.
- Operational experience and entrepreneurial spirit to maximize the success and performance in the region.
- Unquestionable integrity, credibility, and character, demonstrating high moral and ethical behavior.
- An extremely high level of energy, sense of urgency, creativity and decisiveness, coupled with the ability/willingness to work well under pressure.
- Understanding the Business – Knows the business and the mission-critical technical and functional skills needed to do the job; understands various types of business propositions and understands how businesses operate in general; learns new methods and technologies easily.
- Making Complex Decisions – Can solve even the toughest and most complex of problems; great at gleaning meaning from whatever data is available; is a quick study of the new and different; adds personal wisdom and experience to come to the best conclusion and solution, given the situation; uses multiple problem-solving tools and techniques.
- Creating the New and Different – Is able to come up with the next great breakthrough thing to do; is creative, a visionary, and can manage innovation; is an effective strategist full of ideas and possibilities; sees multiple futures; has broad interests and knowledge; can both create and bring exciting ideas to market; comfortable speculating about alternative futures without all of the data.
- Getting Work Done Through Others – Manages people well; gets the most and best out of the people he/she has; sets and communicates guiding goals; measures accomplishments, holds people accountable, and gives useful feedback; delegates and develops; keeps people informed; provides coaching for today and for the future.
- Evaluating and Deploying People Accurately – Reads people accurately; can diagnose strengths, weaknesses, and potential; knows what skills are required to fill a job or role; hires the best.
- Being Organizationally Savvy – Maneuvers well to get things done; maze bright; knows where to go to get what he/she needs; politically aware and agile; knows what the right thing to do is; presents views and arguments well.
- Managing Diverse Relationships – Relates well to a wide variety of diverse styles, types, and classes; open to differences; effective up, down, sideways, inside, and outside; builds diverse networks; quick to find common ground; treats differences fairly and equitably; treats everyone as a preferred customer.
*Work/Education Preferred ***
An appropriate BA or BS degree is required; an advanced degree such as an MBA or JD is preferred, as well as industry certifications and association memberships.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
* About Aon:*
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
DISCLAIMER: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job number: 2444153
Category: Sales & Business Development
Location: United States, MA, Boston