Crown Castle NOC Supervisor in Boxborough, Massachusetts
Crown Castle Fiber is seeking a Shift Manager within our Network Operations Center. Within this role the candidate will oversee the day to day monitoring and management of Crown Castle Fiber’s transport, IP, and Ethernet networks and customer solutions. The Shift Manager will work cross-functionally with internal departments, external vendors and the NOC management team to resolve issues in our deployed infrastructure. Additionally, the Shift Manager is expected to provide leadership and guidance to a team of 8-10 technicians across 3 geographically diverse operations centers.
Shift: 24x7 coverage. Specific days and hours to be determined
- Regular review of all outstanding tickets to make certain SLA’s are being met
- Consistent oversight of all issues to ensure continued communication to the customer
- Continuously review all NMS and EMS systems
- Ensure equal distribution of workload across shift technicians
- Take ownership of escalations from team members and engage in direct customer communications
- Consistently review the phone system to ensure the appropriate amount of technicians are available to avoid customers experiencing extended wait time
- Prioritize work as needed during the shift
- Be the liaison between management and the technicians so their focus is toward daily responsibilities
- Incident Manager during all outages: Ensure all teams are engaged and are providing timely updates. Confirm all customer communications and ensure updates are sent per Incident Management guidelines. Construct and deliver high quality updates on issues to Executive Management team.
- Create, organize and distribute documentation for the team
- Establish training development plans for team members and work with the leadership team to build training curriculum for technicians
- Provide feedback to management on process and procedural improvement
- Produce daily reports on technicians performance
- Mentoring each team member on any issues as needed
- Lead by example and drive the core values of the company
- Always ensure a quality customer experience
- 5+ years’ leadership experience.
- Ability to provide coaching, delegation and recognition to colleagues.
- Ability to build a strong, cohesive team whose members have complementary strengths.
- Ability to promote cross-functional collaboration and teamwork.
- Ability to coordinate, distribute and appropriately schedule work and the necessary resources required to effectively perform that work.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited College or University in computer science or related area required. Equivalent work experience in a similar position may be substituted for educational requirements.
Certifications in leading networking hardware/software preferred
Posting Location: MA - Boxborough, NY - Melville, NY - Rochester
# of openings: 1