Cisco Scrum Master - Emerging Technologies and Incubation Group in Boxborough, Massachusetts
Who We Are
We are a part of Emerging Technologies and Incubation Group passionate about identifying breakthrough emerging solutions that build new markets and businesses for Cisco. We incubate these new opportunities in partnership with our business groups, partners and other startups. The team also continues progress through Cisco’s meaningful work with Standards bodies and manages research partnerships with leading-edge Universities.
What You’ll Do
- Help software development teams apply the Scrum framework
- Plan deliverables and helping teams monitor performance
- Drive the framework logistics and resolve issues that hinder the teams’ work
- Manage each project’s scope and timeline
- Coordinate sprints, retrospective meetings and daily stand-ups
- Coach team members in Agile frameworks
- Facilitate internal communication and effective collaboration
- Be the point of contact for external communications (e.g. from customers or stakeholders)
- Work with product owners to handle backlogs and new requests
- Resolve conflicts and remove obstacles that occur
- Help teams implement changes effectively
- Ensure deliverables are up to quality standards at the end of each sprint
- Guide development teams to higher scrum maturity
- Help build a productive environment where team members ‘own’ the product and enjoy working on it
- Ultimately, you’ll help create self-organizing teams that are flexible and fully productive during sprints.
Who You’ll Work With
You will be working with Lead Architects, technical leads and product marketing both within Cisco’s ET&I organization and with Cisco’s broader engineering communities. Given that our charter focuses on early incubation research and development, you will need to bridge the demand between rapid prototyping and the handover of longer-term Enterprise product grade deliverables.
Who You Are
You should have excellent knowledge of the scrum framework, with all its artifacts and techniques. You’ll also need the ability to coordinate people and projects (anticipating and facilitating changes) with your mind set on deliverables. Minimum 3 years' experience in a scrum master role with the following capabilities: * Scrum master certification - e.g. SAFE or other broadly accepted foundation * Familiarity with cloud applications or infrastructure software development * Excellent knowledge of Scrum techniques and artifacts (such as definition of done, user stories, automated testing, backlog refinement) * Good knowledge of other Agile frameworks (Crystal, XP etc.) * Excellent communication and servant leadership skills * Problem-solving and conflict-resolution ability * Outstanding organizational skills * Degree in Computer Science, Business or similar field
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here's how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Cisco Jobs