COMSOL Computational Physicist: Particle-Based Methods in Burlington, Massachusetts
COMSOL, Inc. is seeking a physicist with expertise in particle-based computational methods to join the development team in its Burlington, MA office. We are seeking an individual with a strong background in numerical simulations, including coupled multiphysics analysis.
- Write detailed technical specifications for new functionality for COMSOL Multiphysics and its add-on products.
- Implement technical specifications either by writing Java code or by using the COMSOL Physics Builder.
- Write detailed documentation.
- Create unit tests and industrially relevant example models.
- Create industrially relevant applications using the COMSOL Application Builder.
- Give COMSOL product demonstrations at webinars, workshops, conferences, and meetings with customers.
- Support the usage of COMSOL Multiphysics by addressing technical concerns, providing guidance, advice, and modeling assistance, through technical support with customers and internal discussions with COMSOL staff.
- Business oriented and willing to work with other developers on a daily basis.
- Genuine interest in mathematical modeling, computational physics, and software simulation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- High energy, self-motivated, quick study with flexible nature.
- A challenging opportunity to expand your knowledge in a wide variety of physics application areas and to work on problems spanning all engineering fields.
- Highly creative and qualified teams with a diversity of experience.
- Great career opportunities at a quickly growing high-tech software company.
- Casual atmosphere in a spacious office, with free access to gym.
- B.Sc or M.S. in physics, engineering, or applied mathematics.
- Demonstrated experience with computational modeling.
- Familiarity with COMSOL Multiphysics is preferred, but not required.
Home Sweet Home
The Burlington location is spacious, bright, and comfortable. Our kitchens are always stocked with fresh fruit, coffee, and juices. Employees enjoy a casual dress code, relaxed atmosphere, and a free gym on premises. We have an easy-to-find, central location and we are within walking distance of many restaurants and the Burlington Mall. Our corporate culture is innovative, vibrant, and cutting edge. We are committed to encouraging creativity through an exciting, challenging environment in which individuals excel and grow. Our talented employees and an active learning environment are the keys to our success. Founded in 1986, the COMSOL organization boasts over 20 offices and well over 400 employees, as well as a distributor network throughout the world.
COMSOL is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job title: Computational Physicist: Particle-Based Methods
Location: Burlington, MA, USA