CVS Health Director, Client Architecture in Burlington, Massachusetts
CVS/Aetna Digital is a highly energetic, highly collaborative team that operates like a startup within the CVS/Aetna Enterprise. CVS/Aetna Digital’s mandate is to transform health and wellness via products that enable consumer engagement and best-in-class experience through innovative and transformational technology. As the innovation arm to Aetna and CVS Health, we are responsible for digital transformation as well as the development and execution of the digital roadmap. A key part of the responsibility is to build an integrated platform that enables the delivery of products and services that drives engagement and revolutionize health and wellness. We want you to be part of the team that will build this next generation platform!
We leverage a fully cloud-native technology stack that’s API driven and utilizes some of the latest frameworks (containerization, microservices, service mesh). You will have the opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies and participate in hackathons. Employing your knowledge and expertise in application development, design patterns, and software domains, you will join a product team that is building a disruptive, industry leading, cloud platform that will transform the healthcare industry and improve the lives of hundreds of millions of people.
Aetna Digital is looking for a Director of Front-end Architecture that will interface with several disciplines within various business units including Design, Product, Engineering, as well as external partners & vendors towards the creation of a secure, unified customer facing experience. This leadership role requires a talented professional with a deep technical background and a passion for architecting secure, modern applications without compromising the end user experience.
• Lead a talented, dedicated team of client architects on the Aetna Health portfolio to deliver value and drive innovation for Aetna’s member facing web and native mobile applications
• Mentor and coach architects to maximize on their strengths and address areas of improvement
• Partner with stakeholders, including Product Management, Engineering, Security, and Design team members to influence application architecture and product direction
• Work with senior leadership as a representative of Aetna Digital in other technical business areas within CVS Health in architectural decision making.
• Work with senior management on strategy and direction
• Identify new opportunities to deliver value and increase the team’s scope
• Define Client Architecture’s roadmap and establish new processes to deliver impactful outcomes to Aetna Health
• Participate in technical architectural discussions
• Keep abreast of current industry and technologies trends to capture ideas for innovation
10+ years of recent and related experience in application and system architecture methodologies as well as a rich understanding of architectural design patterns
7+ years of people management experience, ideally senior engineers or architects
Strong understanding of web and mobile application architecture
Full stack technical experience preferred, with experience in AWS and other cloud environments and services
Track record of leading and mentoring technical professionals by building a collaborative architecture approach in an Agile organization
A disciplined approach to software architecture and problem solving
Superior communication and presentation skills
Ability to build strong relationships and partnerships with technical and business stakeholders
Balance “big picture” thinking with technical “in the weeds” considerations
Self motivated/driven with a disciplined work ethic
Detail-oriented and organized
Passion for learning
Experience in Agile development methodology (SAFe software development principles a plus)
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Percent of Travel Required
0 - 10%
- CVS Health Jobs