COMSOL Front End Web Developer in Burlington, Massachusetts
COMSOL, Inc. is seeking a motivated and talented front-end web developer to join our Web team in Burlington, MA.
You will be part of a group tasked with maintaining the current version of the COMSOL website and company intranet, redesigning and rethinking sections of our website, and building brand new web interfaces and tools to improve company workflow and data management. We produce all of our web, marketing, and design collateral in-house, and create high-quality pieces that follow the latest trends and best practices.
As part of our Web team, you will help publish new web pages, create HTML emails on request, and assist in redesign projects. In the beginning, you will be tasked with following existing guidelines and design specs, but there is potential to grow into leading new projects over time.
This Role Entails
- Building front-end web experiences for COMSOL's customers and employees
- Studying and understanding existing systems, pages, and tools to help improve or rebuild them
- Converting design and wireframe compositions into code
- Creating HTML emails using a responsive template system
- Ensuring web pages are built for different platforms and cross-browser compatibility
- Designing CSS classes that maintain good organizational structure
- Taking our highly technical and scientific content and presenting it in a clean and easy-to-understand manner
- Working on a team and collaborating with graphic designers, content producers, marketing staff, and back-end developers; points of collaboration include:
- Partnering with graphic designers from the Marketing department to ensure consistent branding across media
- Collective brainstorming and incorporating feedback and creative direction into a final product
- Staying up-to-date on industry best practices
- 3+ years of relevant web experience
- Strong HTML and CSS skills
- Experience working with the Bootstrap framework
- Experience working with a CSS preprocessor
- Proficiency in responsive design
- Working knowledge of version control
- Proficiency in developing cross-client compatible HTML emails
- Experience working with a PHP-based back-end
- Knowledge of SEO best practices and implementation
- Experience working with database queries (specifically, MySQL)
- Experience working on corporate or high-volume websites
- Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator proficiency
Our Dev Environment
- LAMP Stack
- Zend PHP Framework (now Laminas)
- LESS CSS Preprocessor
- Bootstrap version 3.x
- Foundation Framework (for emails)
- Atlassian Suite (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Bamboo)
Please note that this is not a remote or contract position.
COMSOL is the leading innovator of multiphysics software for research and development (R&D). Our products are continuously pushing the boundaries of computer-aided engineering (CAE), so that our customers can solve challenging science and engineering problems and develop better products, faster.
The COMSOL product family enables our end users to solve even the most sophisticated science and engineering problems, thanks to our intuitive and flexible user interface. We create the tools that drive new breakthroughs in physics and engineering — and we love what we do.
Home Sweet Home
The Burlington, MA, location is spacious, bright, and comfortable. Our kitchens are always stocked with fresh fruit, coffee, and juices. Employees enjoy a casual dress code, relaxed atmosphere, and free gym access. Our office is in an easy-to-find central location and we are within walking distance of many restaurants and the Burlington Mall.
Our corporate culture is innovative, vibrant, and cutting-edge. We are committed to encouraging creativity through an exciting and challenging environment in which individuals excel and grow. Our talented employees and an active learning environment are the keys to our success. Founded in 1986, the COMSOL organization includes 20+ offices and a distributor network throughout the world with more than 450 employees.
- Dynamic and engaging work duties that provide opportunities for self-development and professional growth
- Exciting career opportunities and the opportunity to work with experts from many fields
- Competitive benefits and compensation commensurate with skills and experience
You must be eligible to work in the U.S. to apply for this job. COMSOL is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job title: Front End Web Developer
Location: Burlington, MA, USA