Nuance Principal Software Developer in Burlington, Massachusetts
Nuance Communications, Inc. is the pioneer and leader in conversational AI innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. The company delivers solutions that understand, analyze and respond to human language, amplifying human intelligence. With decades of domain and artificial intelligence expertise, Nuance works with thousands of organizations – in healthcare, telecommunications, automotive, financial services, retail, and more – to create stronger relationships and better experiences for their customers.
Join our Enterprise team…great customer service starts here. We design virtual assistants for intelligent and effortless customer service helping customers find the information they need using whatever channel they prefer.
The Principal Software Developer will be part of a team tasked with designing, developing, running, and maintaining the orchestrated software services used by Nuance Enterprise groups and products. This includes development and maintenance of a modern CI/CD pipeline for delivering these services to the cloud.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
• Support the delivery of Platform and Runtime level services
• Design and develop solutions that meet customer requirements, cost-efficiency objectives and security standards
• Build and maintain our infrastructure as code on large scale cloud deployments
• Build and maintain our Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipeline
• Troubleshoot issues until root causes are understood on high traffic production systems
• Manage users expectations and enforce best practices
• Be responsible for identifying bottlenecks and improving performance of our infrastructure
• Choose, deploy and manage tools and technologies to build and support a robust infrastructure (Monitoring/Deployment/self-healing)
• Be available for 24/7 on-call as needed for emergencies and escalations
• Perform tasks related to securing and keeping the products, tools, and processes that you are responsible for securing
Knowledge, skills and qualifications –
Education: BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering related field or relevant experience
Minimum years of work experience: 5+ years
• Solid experience in DevOps, Software Development Life Cycle, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
• Linux System administration and/or engineering experience
• Strong understanding of networking principals
• Developed scalable solutions for high traffic production environments
• Worked in Azure Cloud Environments (AWS, Google Cloud optional)
• Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
• Experience with CI/CD tools and services (Gitlab, Jenkins, Artifactory)
• Knowledge of automation tools (Terraform, Puppet, ArgoCD, Spinnaker)
• Open-Source enthusiasm
• Strong communications skills
• Fluency in both written and spoken English
• Experience migrating existing services to container-based/orchestrated environments
• Experience in configuration and administration of Azure infrastructure (networking, Application Gateway etc.)
• Programming Languages: Bash, Java
• Monitoring: Grafana, ELK stack, Prometheus
• Source control systems: Git, Subversion
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
External Company URL: http://www.nuance.com/
- Nuance Jobs