COMSOL Product Specialist – MEMS in Burlington, Massachusetts
COMSOL, Inc. is seeking a specialist to strengthen the development team for MEMS in its Burlington, MA office. We are seeking an individual with a strong background in state-of-the-art MEMS simulations. The primary responsibility of this position is to enhance the capability of the MEMS Module, an add-on product to COMSOL Multiphysics® , which is already one of the best tools for device design, simulation, and optimization. In this position you will identify and create new key features for the MEMS modeling toolset. You will work with new example models relevant for the MEMS industry. You will write detailed technical specification and documentation for new functionality. You will support our MEMS Module customers by providing guidance, advice, and modeling assistance. You will also make technical presentations at webinars, workshops, customer meetings and at conferences on MEMS topics.
- At least 6 years of combined academic and professional experience in state-of-the-art MEMS research and development (PhD and 2+ years of industrial experience, or masters and 5+ years of experience, or bachelors and 6+ years of experience).
- Deep understanding of the working principles, design rules, calibration techniques, and manufacturing processes of commercial MEMS devices.
- Self-motivated, capable of independent work with strong initiative, good judgement, and meticulous record keeping habits.
- Good teamwork skills.
- Very good technical-writing skills.
Meriting Skills and Experiences
- Solid background in all areas of physics.
- Familiarity with COMSOL Multiphysics® .
- Experience with the finite element method for MEMS.
- Experience with user interface design.
- A challenging opportunity to expand your knowledge in a wide variety of physics application areas and to work on problems spanning multiple engineering fields.
- Highly creative and qualified teams with a diversity of experience.
- Great career opportunities at a fast-paced, high-tech software company.
- Casual atmosphere in a spacious office, with free access to gym.
COMSOL is the leading innovator of multiphysics simulation software. Our products are continuously pushing the boundaries of computer aided engineering and what it means to be simulation software. The COMSOL product family gives our users the ability to solve even the most sophisticated and challenging problems. Because we believe in presenting our platform in a manner that is both intuitive and flexible, it is natural and easy for these solutions to reach all stages of research and development, improving discovery and the bottom line. We are creating the tools that drive new breakthroughs in physics and engineering, and we love what we do.
COMSOL is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job title: Product Specialist – MEMS
Location: Burlington, MA, USA