COMSOL Product Specialist – Ray Optics in Burlington, Massachusetts
COMSOL, Inc. is seeking a specialist to strengthen the development team in its Burlington, MA office. We are seeking an individual with a strong background in optical and/or acoustic ray tracing, possibly including Gaussian optics or the Shooting and Bouncing Rays (SBR) method. You will work with specifications, implementations in Java or the COMSOL Multiphysics® Physics Builder, testing and documentation. You will also support our customers in the usage of COMSOL Multiphysics® by providing guidance, advice, and modeling assistance.
- B.Sc. or higher in physics, engineering, or applied mathematics.
- Expert in ray tracing applications.
- Demonstrated experience with mathematical modeling.
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills.
Meriting Skills and Experiences
- Familiarity with COMSOL Multiphysics® .
- Experience with the finite element method for frequency-domain electromagnetics or acoustics.
- Experience with user interface design.
- Familiarity with C++/Java.
- Familiarity with optical design.
- Familiarity with building acoustics.
- A challenging opportunity to expand your knowledge in a wide variety of physics application areas and to work on problems spanning multiple engineering fields.
- Highly creative and qualified teams with a diversity of experience.
- Great career opportunities at a fast-paced, high-tech software company.
- Casual atmosphere in a spacious office, with free access to gym.
COMSOL is the leading innovator of multiphysics simulation software. Our products are continuously pushing the boundaries of computer aided engineering and what it means to be simulation software. The COMSOL product family gives our users the ability to solve even the most sophisticated and challenging problems. Because we believe in presenting our platform in a manner that is both intuitive and flexible, it is natural and easy for these solutions to reach all stages of research and development, improving discovery and the bottom line. We are creating the tools that drive new breakthroughs in physics and engineering, and we love what we do.
COMSOL is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job title: Product Specialist – Ray Optics
Location: Burlington, MA, USA