COMSOL RF Applications Specialist in Burlington, Massachusetts
COMSOL, Inc. develops COMSOL Multiphysics, simulation software for understanding, predicting, and optimizing physics-based designs and processes in all fields of engineering, manufacturing, and scientific research. Our software is used by thousands of companies, government organizations, national labs, and universities worldwide. COMSOL, Inc. is seeking an RF Applications Specialist with an expertise in high-frequency electromagnetics to join our team in the Burlington, MA, office. We are seeking an individual with a strong background in computational electromagnetics, numerical methods, and microwave device design. Experience with RF, microwaves, and mmWave circuit simulation, design, fabrication, and testing is needed. A background in any kind of electromagnetics modeling (FDTD, FEM, MoM, integral equation, etc.) is desirable, as well as experience with lab environments such as spectrum analyzer, network analyzer, and anechoic chamber measurement..
- Support users of the COMSOL Multiphysics software by addressing technical concerns and providing guidance, advice, and modeling assistance through technical support with customers and internal discussions with COMSOL staff.
- Give COMSOL product demonstrations at webinars, workshops, conferences, and meetings with customers.
- Create automated tests and industrially relevant example models.
- Create industrially relevant applications using the COMSOL Multiphysics Application Builder.
- Write detailed technical specifications for new functionality for COMSOL Multiphysics and its add-on products, most notably the RF Module.
- Implement technical specifications either by writing Java code or by using the COMSOL Multiphysics Physics Builder.
- Write detailed documentation.
- MS degree in electrical engineering.
- Business-oriented and willing to work with other technical staff on a daily basis.
- Genuine interest in mathematical modeling, computational physics, and software simulation.
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills.
- High energy, self-motivated, quick study with flexible nature.
- Demonstrated experience with computational modeling.
- Willingness to travel (5-10% of each month).
- Familiarity with COMSOL Multiphysics is preferred, but not required.
- A challenging opportunity to expand your knowledge in a wide variety of physics application areas and to work on problems spanning multiple engineering fields.
- Highly creative and qualified teams with a diversity of experience.
- Great career opportunities at a fast-paced, high-tech software company.
- Casual atmosphere in a spacious office, with free access to gym.
COMSOL is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job title: RF Applications Specialist
Location: Burlington, MA, USA