CVS Health Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer in Burlington, Massachusetts
Leveraging your expertise in Cloud Infrastructure, DevOps best practices and Application Development, you will join a product team that is building a disruptive cloud platform that will transform the healthcare industry and improve the lives of hundreds of millions of people. Aetna Digital is a highly energetic, highly collaborative team that operates as a startup within the Aetna Enterprise. We want you to bring your talent and expertise to drive the change the is desperately needed within the healthcare industry.
Aetna Digital is looking for a DevOps Engineer with a strong passion to automate all the things and have fun doing it. In this role, you’ll be working closely with several other engineering groups to help them deliver amazing product experiences to market faster, while keeping quality, security, and compliance in mind. Iterating on highly available, scalable, fault tolerant infrastructure and tools that the business relies on 24/7 is what drives us every day.
Our team is small and nimble, with a culture focused on moving the needle forward through collaborative development, constant learning, and having a great attitude working on and with complex systems. We enjoy dry humor as much as DRY engineering principles. The developer experience is baked into our DNA, and everything we do is in service to our internal end users and our external customers.
Being at the forefront of the DevOps movement here at Aetna Digital, we’re paving the way for the organization to step out of their comfort zone, cross-pollinate their skills, and have an open mind about what it means to be people first and technology second.
Come join us as we reshape the future of healthcare!
What you’ll be doing:
• Provisioning cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP) using infrastructure as code (Terraform)
• Creating pipelines and automation to deploy Dockerized applications onto Kubernetes clusters
• Consulting with engineering teams to help them leverage our platform and tools on which to run their applications
• Developing, deploying, and maintaining tools built from the ground up in support of self-service, quality, security, and compliance initiatives.
• Collaborating with product, architecture, and engineering groups to build a self-service healthcare platform that streamlines application developer productivity and throughput
• Participating in metrics gathering, monitoring, and alerting activities, as well as on-call rotations, with tools such as New Relic, Sumo Logic, CloudWatch, and OpsGenie.
• Solving new problems with modern technologies.
What you bring to the table:
• One Plus years with a proven track record of providing self-service to engineers through Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and cloud automation principles.
• Experience running production workloads on AWS
• Experience with Terraform and/or CloudFormation
• Experience with building, running, monitoring and sustaining Dockerized applications from dev all the way to production.
• Obsession with weaving monitoring, logging, and alerting into everything we build.
• Quality and security conscious when implementing solutions.
• Ability to debug complicated issues in collaboration with engineering.
• Excitement learning from and helping mentor other members of the team as well as across the organization.
• Mastered the art of confident humility, remaining open to feedback and ready to take calculated risks to reach yours and your team’s goals.
• Team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Understanding of application and platform developer needs and experiences.
• Experience developing full stack micro services, with a heavy interest in helping other engineers achieve the same career goal.
• Experience administrating technologies at scale such as Kafka, ElasticSearch, Postgres, Redis, Vault
• Experience working in an environment using Scrum, Kanban, or SAFe agile frameworks.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of experience preferred.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
- CVS Health Jobs