Nuance Senior Software Engineer in Burlington, Massachusetts
Nuance Communications, Inc. is the pioneer and leader in conversational AI innovations that bring intelligence to everyday work and life. The company delivers solutions that understand, analyze and respond to human language, amplifying human intelligence. With decades of domain and artificial intelligence expertise, Nuance works with thousands of organizations – in healthcare, telecommunications, automotive, financial services, retail, and more – to create stronger relationships and better experiences for their customers.
Join our Enterprise team…great customer service starts here. We design virtual assistants for intelligent and effortless customer service helping customers find the information they need using whatever channel they prefer.
Summary: Nuance has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer to join a world-class team maintaining and evolving industry leading IVR & messaging platforms. The candidate will work on an Agile Scrum team to design, implement, and maintain robust and scalable IVR & messaging solutions, and will have a direct impact on the cloud-native evolution of platforms that millions of users interact with every day.
• Produce high quality and well-documented code for various platform components in multiple programming languages.
• Architect & build next-generation cloud-native IVR platform & messaging microservices.
• Collaborate with development and operations teams to design and implement cloud-native DevOps standards and CI/CD pipelines.
• Work collaboratively with support teams to analyze and resolve incidents for both on-premise and hosted deployments.
• Analyze product requirements and customer needs, to write both functional and technical specifications for application components as well as major features/versions.
• Participate in all phases of the software development cycle as part of a multi-functional Scrum team.
• Implement and maintain both unit tests and automated functional test coverage in collaboration with quality engineering Scrum team members.
Number of Years of Work Experience: 3-5
• 5+ years of experience programming Java, C/C++ and/or C# .Net in multi-threaded applications,
• Experience designing, building and delivering cloud-native microservices
• Extensive experience with IVR technologies including VoiceXML, MRCP, as well as ASR platforms and APIs
• In-depth understanding of VoIP including the ability to debug calls using network packet captures
• Ability to quickly learn, efficiently and flexibly work with various technologies in heterogeneous environments
• Ability to scope work taking technical, business and time-frame constraints into consideration
• Highly independent and capable of fulfilling multiple project commitments concurrently
• Excellent technical analytical, debugging and problem-solving skills
• Strong verbal and written communications skills and ability to interact with both technical and business people
• Experience with Agile/Scrum development methodology
• Experience with relational databases such as SQL Server, Oracle & MySQL
• Experience developing network applications, TCP/IP communications, gRPC, HTTP, REST, WebRTC, WebSockets
• Familiarity with Microsoft Visual Studio as well as Linux build and debugging tools
Education: Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 – Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
External Company URL: http://www.nuance.com/
- Nuance Jobs