Express Scripts Escalation Associate in Byfield, Massachusetts
The Escalation Associate provides the front-line initial resolution for incoming escalated patient and physician issues within the operation. This role will handle all patient contact related to issues that require deviation from standard Patient Care procedures or scripting and may require extensive research or approval. The individual is a member of a team that acts as liaisons in supporting other escalated internal departmental issues.
- Serve as a single point of contact for handling incoming calls and escalated issues from patients and physicians.
- Requires a high degree of expertise, discretion, and/or interpretation of existing company policies and best practice initiatives to resolve any customer issues and to ensure timely resolution.
- Act as liaison for internal operation departments and outside sales representatives.
- Research and resolve escalated patient and physician issues as needed.
- Maintain accurate and complete documentation of all inquiries and departmental activities including resolution, turnaround times and net financial impact if applicable.
- Provides additional support and backup for Sr Escalation Associate as needed.
- Special projects as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 1-2 years relevant experience.
- General PC knowledge including Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer and Outlook.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle challenging situations in a professional manner and adapt in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively to resolve complex issues with innovative solutions.
- Ability to work flexible schedule as dictated by business and/or departmental needs.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Pharmacy Operations Group is crucial to achieving our mission of practicing pharmacy smarter and putting medicine within reach. Members of this team are at the front line every day interacting with patients, strategizing on improvements and efficiencies, and processing the more than one million prescriptions that come through our world-class pharmacies and distribution facilities across the country.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation. Express Scripts is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.