Microsoft Corporation BPM Manager in Cambridge, Massachusetts
In Customer Service and Support, we are focused on how we can Empower, Help, and Advise Microsoft customers. We engage in solving complex problems for customers, we collaborate and knowledge share with each other, and we innovate on solutions to enable our customers to make the most of Microsoft products.
We are looking for a senior strategic business leader with demonstrated leadership experience/understanding in/of designing and implementing workforce strategies (including resource mix), and supply planning for large global organizations to lead Workforce Strategy and Planning team in CSS.
This role will lead a team of dedicated team of global resources and will be responsible for workforce planning, shorter term strategies on resource mix modeling, capacity and supply planning, and sourcing strategy.
• Gather input from CSS Support Business Units (SBUs) to help define overall resource mix & workforce plan
• Design and implement a continual planning process to align CSS needs and priorities with its workforce and to ensure service requirements and organizational objectives are met
• Strategic workforce planning, e.g. 3-5-year forecasting aligned to business needs and outcomes and focused on identifying the workforce implications, current, transition, and future of CSS strategic objectives (including scenario planning)
Capacity & supply planning
• Work closely with demand planning teams to decide the target capacity by defining type, experience, skills etc.
• Generate the business intelligence necessary to inform CSS of at risk gaps, succession planning, attrition rate, forward demand, and other metrics to ensure a resilient workforce
• Define and document CSS recruiting strategy working with HR
• Implement resourcing up/down processes working with HR
• Operational workforce planning, e.g. 12–18-month forecasting aligned with the CSS planning cycle which gathers, analyzes, and reports on workforce planning strategy
Sourcing strategy and staffing execution
• Working closely with HR to define and organize pipeline
• Create sourcing strategy and outline staffing needs (e.g. college hires vs. experienced hires, etc.)
Self-motivated, confident working at a senior executive level and comfortable working in a matrixed organization
Demonstrated experience in/understanding of creating, implementing and managing a workforce and sourcing strategy (both long term and operational) as well as workforce capacity and supply planning for.
Demonstrated experience in leading organizations through to success - drafting right strategy, data savviness to enable a fact based method of understanding workforce behaviors and workforce development strategies, working as necessary with employees at different levels, investing effort in building right stakeholder partnerships, etc.
Demonstrated skills in building organizational partnerships - across a complex stakeholder network in CSS.
Demonstrated business acumen, with a keen understanding of business requirements and corresponding service requirements/objectives.
Ability to create effective relationships, listen, communicate, influence, and collaborate cross-team at all organizational levels
· Relevant Bachelor’s degree or experience commensurate with job expectations for this leadership position is required.
· 15+ years of business leadership experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form at https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.