City of Cambridge Find It Manager in Cambridge, Massachusetts
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Find It Cambridge is an online resource that helps those who live and work in Cambridge to easily find the activities, services, and resources in Cambridge. Reporting to the Executive Director of the Family Policy Council, the Find It Cambridge Manger will be responsible for maintaining and administering the Find It Cambridge website, as well as managing outreach and promotional efforts. The ideal candidate needs to be comfortable with technology and have strong marketing and community outreach skills. The Manager will also be responsible for in person and direct phone support for Find It users and providers. Specific duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage and promote the Find It Cambridge website and document outreach efforts.
- Manage and grow social media platforms.
- Assist organizations with initial content entry: help organizations fill out their profile and teach them how to post and edit events and programs.
- Track user accounts.
- Review posted events and programs and create collections of special interest to particular groups.
- Provide Find It Cambridge and web development teams with insights, data, and suggestions for improving user experience.
- Provide telephone and in-person support for Find It users and providers and document the feedback and questions.
- Train others how to use Find It Cambridge. Facilitate trainings to help users and provider staff get familiar with using Find It Cambridge.
- Perform related duties as required.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, including the ability to clearly explain account registration, profile management, and how to post and edit content.
- Strong marketing, community outreach and organizational skills.
- Fluent and comfortable with technology.
- Knowledge of online portal administration, content entry, user management, web analytics (Google Analytics or similar) and Customer Relationship Management.
- Available to attend evening and weekend meetings and events as needed.
- Experience working in an urban setting and with diverse groups.
- Knowledge of Cambridge community is an asset.
General office environment with air conditioning and fluorescent lighting. Requires attendance at offsite meetings and events. Noise level can be high as the office is active.
Ability to travel throughout the City of Cambridge to various sites, events, and meetings. Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer. Answer telephones and maintain multiple files. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Internal applicants submit a job bidding form and 2 copies of both your resume and letter of interest; external applicants submit both your resume and letter of interest via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or toPersonnel Dept, Room 309, City Hall, 795 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge MA 02139. Fax 617-349-4312. Resume and letter of interest requested by 08/08/19. Position will remain open until filled.
The City of Cambridge is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
CITY OF CAMBRIDGE RESIDENTS ESPECIALLY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Department: Human Service Programs
Job Title: Find It Manager
Job Code: M282-701
Civil Service Position: Non Civil Service position
Union Affiliation: None
Hours Per Week: 37.5 hours per week (some evenings and weekends, as needed)
POSTING DATE: July 11, 2019
RATE: $55,018-$65,248 annually + excellent benefits