Pegasystems, Inc. Global Desktop Engineering Manager in Cambridge, Massachusetts
The Position: Pega is growing and we are looking for an experienced manager to lead the global Desktop Engineering team in proving first class support of our dispersed internal user community. The candidate will manage the daily activities of the Desktop Engineering group, with responsibility for the project portfolio, systems and services owned by the team.
In this role, you will:
- Manage the global Desktop Engineering team and own projects activities
- Own the systems and services owned by the Desktop Engineering team
- Establish scope and deliverables, assign resources, and manage activities to deliver projects
- Provide subject matter expertise to members of the team in order to assist with operational support and development requests.
- Engage cross functionally with customer base to understand their evolving business needs and align IT strategy and priorities to not only support but enhance business effectiveness
- A rapidly growing yet well-established business
- A workplace that requires people to have an informed opinion
- The world’s most innovative organizations as reference-able clients
- Analyst acclaimed technology leadership in a massive emerging market
- The opportunity to make a difference and put ideas into practice
The Person: A passionate, high energy, professional who employs continuous improvement methodologies and innovation to achieve increases in operational efficiency.
- 3 years’ experience managing Desktop Support teams and owning portfolio of desktop projects in a large global environment
- 5+ years direct experience in Desktop Engineering
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in IT related field) or equivalent working experience.
- “Hands on” manager with the ability to mentor junior team members and step in as needed to assist in problem resolution
- Strong working experience of both Windows and Apple Operating Systems and Office 365
- In depth knowledge and understanding of Desktop tools, processes and applications, including Asset lifecycle tools
- Leadership experience, demonstrated success as a change agent
- Effective interpersonal skills including facilitation skills, written and verbal communications and conflict resolution
- Ability to work with individuals of varying technical understanding; should be able to adjust communication style based on targeted audience
- Ability to collaborate, delegate, motivate and build effective teams and work independently with minimal supervision
We are naturally inquisitive and have a fierce love of learning. –Pega Value: Innovation
As an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, Pegasystems Inc. will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status, or any other category protected by law.
Accessibility – If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions please contact PegaApplication@pega.com.
Labor Condition Applications
GDPR Candidate Privacy Notice