Raytheon Technologies Network Research Scientist - PI in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Who we are!
The Network and Cyber Technologies business unit at BBN Technologies is seeking an experienced technical leader to initiate and support projects that focus on novel ways of using networking (wired and/or wireless), network science, cybersecurity technologies, and/or RF signal processing to solve real-world problems. We are looking for creative, entrepreneurial, and highly motivated research scientists who will lead, create, and grow cutting-edge research projects. A proven record of successfully interacting with potential customers, writing excellent, winning proposals, and executing cutting-edge R&D projects are essential for this position.
Our Network and Cyber Technologies Business Unit innovates and implements full-stack solutions across wired and wireless environments. We create new algorithms and paradigms in such diverse and critical areas as mobile wireless networking and computing, software defined networking, network security, energy efficient, novel high-performance radar and modem designs, machine learning, content networking, mobility, efficient RF channel access, and wireless communications within extremely constrained or hostile environments. We look for candidates who are entrepreneurial problem solvers who have high personal standards of quality and the ability to work in a dynamic but relaxed team environment.
BBN Technologies is a leading provider of advanced technology and research and development. For over 60 years, we have helped our customers solve complex technology problems by building practical and affordable solutions. BBN attracts the most talented scientists and engineers who are willing to take risks and challenge conventions in pursuit of new and fundamentally better solutions.
We offer outstanding benefits that include flexible work schedules, a competitive 401k company match, a Retirement Contribution plan, performance-based incentive, paid parental leave, paid time off, and many other employee discounts.
What will you need?
• BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or relevant field, with relevant work experience depending on your degree; advanced degree preferred
• Ability to lead and work in teams and mentor technical staff members
• Excellent written and verbal communications
• Knowledge of networking concepts, protocol design, RF systems, software defined radios, 5G, network security, or statistical signal processing
• Position may require some amount of overnight travel
Additional Skills that would be AWESOME / BENEFICIAL!
• A track record in writing successful proposals, standing up research teams, and executing projects successfully
• Hands on technical skills such as architecture design, prototyping, programming, and technical project management
• Past experience with DoD and/or IC
• An active DoD Secret clearance or higher is highly desired
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons. The ability to acquire a clearance is required.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Raytheon Technologies Jobs