Microsoft Corporation Principal Group Engineering Manager in Cambridge, Massachusetts
A new technology paradigm is emerging, one with an intelligent cloud and an intelligent edge. In this new paradigm, artificial intelligence (AI) will be pervasive across devices, apps, and infrastructure to drive insights and act on your behalf. To foster Microsoft’s leadership in this field, we recently launched a groundbreaking program to develop the next generation of leaders in AI. Located at the Microsoft New England Research and Development Center (NERD), the Microsoft’s AI Development Acceleration Program hires top candidates from BS, MS, and PhD programs. Over the course of 2 years, participants partner closely with engineering teams across Microsoft to solve some of our most challenging AI problems.
We are looking for a passionate Software Engineering Leader to help us grow the next generation of Microsoft talent, build amazing AI-enabled experiences for our customers, and design and develop a framework for integration of our modules into Microsoft’s AI Platform.
In this role, you’ll guide our efforts by leading our software engineers and collaborating with engineering teams across the company to build strategic examples of AI innovation. As a senior engineering leader on your new team, you will have the freedom to design our program’s development life cycle and develop best practices. You’ll also help hire and nurture our diverse, high-performance team.
If you are a software engineer who is passionate about developing people and looking to have a huge impact at Microsoft in AI, this could be your ideal role.
· Lead a group of 20+ software engineers focused on advancing Microsoft’s AI capabilities by working on projects sourced from product teams across the company.
· Create an inclusive work environment where every employee can effectively engage and wants to be part of the team. Provide ongoing feedback that helps your direct reports improve their performance.
· Hold the team and individuals accountable for results and recognize appropriately.
· Balance the development of existing employees while bringing in new external talent.
· Architect the framework for abstraction and reuse of our AI modules for integration into the AI platform, choose the appropriate internal or external technologies, incorporate research, create design and validation collateral, including test automations that are reused across the program.
· Provide guidance and oversight to multiple project teams to ensure that the solutions interoperate and integrate with the AI platform.
· 10% travel to stakeholder locations
· B.S in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, a related field or equivalent on-the-job experience.
· 6+ years of experience as a practicing software engineer.
· 2+ years of experience as a technical lead, including mentoring and growing junior software engineers.
· 2+ years of experience in building AI or data science platforms.
· Collaborating and negotiating with partner teams working on shared goals.
· Consuming and contributing to open source software projects.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form at https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Microsoft Corporation Jobs