Microsoft Corporation Principal Program Manager in Cambridge, Massachusetts
The Americas Dynamics Global Domain consulting organization is searching for an experienced services delivery leadership professional to lead delivery of transformational Dynamics 365 (CE and Operations) projects at some of Microsoft’s largest enterprise customers. If you have deep ERP and or CRM delivery expertise and the passion, drive and experience to foster strong executive relationships as easily as client PjMs to deliver World Class Dynamics implementations, then this role is right for you.
The Dynamics Principal Program Manager (PgM) role is a trusted advisor to client executives within the assigned accounts. She / He actively drives communications with leadership within Microsoft and the client to that helps our customers achieve their objectives. The PgM provides relevant, clear and prescriptive advice, grounded in relevant experience, to continuously drive these program through to successful completion. The Services Program Manager (PgM) is responsible for leading engagement delivery within a formal Statement of Work (SOW) to drive predictable behaviors in terms of project process and outcomes (accomplished on time, on budget, and according to customer specifications). The Services Program Manager is responsible for delivery excellence, engagement quality and customer satisfaction.
Microsoft Services help customers realize their full potential through accelerated adoption and productive use of Microsoft technologies. We are a global team of exceptional people who deliver world class services with partners, earning customer confidence, trust, and loyalty by Improving the overall Customer and Partner Experience, Serving as the customer advocates within Microsoft and Driving customer-centric product improvement.
• Delivers engagements within the constraints of schedule, features/functionality, and budget
• Manages the work that must be done in order to deliver an integrated solution usually composed of products, services, or a formalized solution offering
• Establishes a strategy of continuous risk management that enables proactive decisions and actions throughout the project life cycle and create an environment to support it where the project team has visible, measurable, and repeatable processes for managing these risks • Executes established (as mutually agreed to) policies and procedures for the project, e.g. quality assurance, team reference guide, communication plan, and setting up the environment.
• Manages (as mutually agreed) Microsoft resources, partners and/or customer resources and materials (equipment, supplies, stock, or consumable/perishable items) used to complete tasks in a project.
• Maintains the Master Program Plan to include at least: the Communication Plan (communications within the team and between the team and external entities) and the Team Reference Guide Plan (identifies team and external team members). In addition, maintains the Master Project Schedule.
• Stays current and involved in collecting conditions of the project relative to resources (people and optionally funding/cost), schedule (time), and features (the solution and its quality) as specified by the established project protocol. In addition, performs the process of comparing actual performance with planned performance, analyze variances, evaluate possible alternatives and take appropriate corrective action (control) as specified by the established project protocol.
• Collects, reviews and publishes project status with regard to resources (people and optionally funding/cost), schedule (time), stakeholder management, and features (the solution and its quality) that influence project performance and completion.
The capability to be effective requires a senior level program management executive who has held delivery leadership roles within global a services organization or Fortune 1000 corporations. The ability to easily and effectively connect and relate to senior customer executives is an imperative.
• 10+ years as primary delivery lead on transformational $18M+ Services engagements for a Tier 1 ERP/CRM solution. Demonstrated capability in managing large, global, complex ERP/CRM implementations from sales through to go live.
• Knowledge of MCS Dynamics Sure Step Evolved methodology preferred. Proven, deep knowledge of a competing Tier 1 implementation methodology used to deliver large, transformational business application implementations will be considered.
• Working knowledge of Dynamics AX or CRM or deep experience in a comparable systems
• Ten years working with offshore development organizations
• Strong executive presence and demonstrated ability to build, extend and maintain senior client relationships with CIO, CEO and CFO executive steering committee members
• Exceptional communication, team building and mentoring skills
• Demonstrated ability to lead consulting teams comprising of 10+ senior level domain experts
• Project Management fundamentals (e.g. PMI or equivalent) and Industry-specific certifications
• Ability to travel up to 80%+ both within the US and Internationally based on client requirements and demands
• BA or Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience, MBA desired
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form (https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest) .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Microsoft Corporation Jobs