Akamai Technologies, Inc Program Manager II in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Program Manager II
Cambridge, United States
Feb 11, 2019 Post Date
015756 Requisition #
The Program Manager II will be responsible for designing and driving AkaTec programs across the different geographical theatres (North America, EMEA, and APAC). As a Program Manager II you will be responsible for:
• Management of multiple of programs and activities that enable the mission and goals of the organization.
• Development of an operating plan for programs that may include governance, budget, charters, timelines, stakeholder analysis, deliverables, training, communications and success measures.
• Management and engagement of cross functional resources that could include a variety of roles, expertise and management levels.
• Engagement and leveraging of resources outside of our business unit to achieve program objectives.
• Ongoing assessment of program risks and mitigation planning.
• Monitoring of program success criteria in areas such as customer satisfaction, operational efficiencies and ROI.
• Accurate and timely reporting of program status for the team, stakeholders and management or executive staff as required by the program.
Required Education and Experience
- 5 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor’s degree
3+ years experience of technical or business process transformation project or program management.
2+ years experience on programs spanning multiple teams and geographies.
Internet and/or software engineering industry experience strongly preferred.
Demonstrated ability to grasp new technical concepts quickly.
Exceptional technical/professional writing skills.
Proven leadership, organization, and planning skills.
Proven ability to deliver large cross-functional strategic initiatives.
Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills and the ability to work effectively and professionally across a wide range of constituencies and/or geographies.
Experience working in a fast-paced matrix technical organization.
Exceptional oral and written communications skills.
Demonstrated ability to work independently under tight deadlines while responding to changing business and technical conditions.
Experience with software service delivery business processes and technologies such as: Case management (especially Salesforce Service Cloud), KCS, Community, workforce management or Call routing and Omni Channel support a plus.
Experience with concepts such as: OCM, ITIL, Agile development or BPM a plus.
About Akamai Technologies
Akamai secures and delivers digital experiences for the world's largest companies. Akamai's intelligent edge platform surrounds everything, from the enterprise to the cloud, so customers and their businesses can be fast, smart, and secure. Top brands globally rely on Akamai to help them realize competitive advantage through agile solutions that extend the power of their multi-cloud architectures. Akamai keeps decisions, apps and experiences closer to users than anyone - and attacks and threats far away. Akamai's portfolio of edge security, web and mobile performance, enterprise access and video delivery solutions is supported by unmatched customer service, analytics and 24/7/365 monitoring. To learn how Akamai is shaping the future of digital transformation, visitwww.akamai.comand follow @Akamaijobs onTwitter,Facebook,LinkedInandInstagram.
Akamai is a growing, and evolving, company with offices and operations around the world. As such, we strive to foster inclusive and representative workplaces where all employees are wholly welcome, and enabled to share and benefit from each other’s diverse contributions, as one global team. Our commitment to diversity reaches beyond our corporate offices, to our business partners and suppliers who share the same principles, and whose employees we value as integral to the Akamai business family. Learn more atwww.akamai.com/diversity.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. If you'd like more information about EEO rights under United States law, please clickhere.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.