Raytheon Technologies Scientist I - Computational Physicist in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Who we are
BBN Technologies is seeking a physicist, engineer, applied mathematician or computer scientist to support, develop and initiate advanced research and development projects in their Physical Sciences and Systems business unit Cambridge, MA.
What will you do
The successful candidate will have a meaningful research background in the physics of one or more phenomenon, such as acoustics, vibration, optics, electro-magnetics, or geophysics, and in the design, testing and analysis of advanced sensors or devices which use such phenomena. A demonstrated ability to develop and apply advanced digital signal processing techniques to analyze these phenomena and devices is required. Experience with algorithm development, machine-learning, artificial intelligence, analog electronics or control systems is desired.
The candidate will be expected to support new business development by participating in proposals and making presentations to prospective customers. These projects may be sponsored by the Department of Defense, other Federal Government agencies or commercial organizations.
What will you gain
• Experience working with and learning from world-class scientists
• Opportunity to sell your own ideas and start new programs
• Develop and demonstrate cutting edge solutions for important problems
• Key team members skills
What will you need :
• BS and 6 years of experience, MS and 5 years, or PhD degrees in Physics, Engineering, Applied Mathematics or Computer Science.
• A meaningful background in research involving one or more physical phenomenon.
• Design, testing and analysis of advanced sensors or mechanisms which use such phenomena.
• Development and application of advanced digital signal processing techniques for the analysis of physical phenomena.
• A demonstrated ability to communicate complex technical information.
• Willingness to apply for and be granted a US Government Security clearance.
• Willingness for occasional overnight travel.
Other skills and experience that would be awesome
• 5 years of relevant experience.
• Experience of algorithm development, machine-learning, artificial intelligence, analog electronics or control systems.
• Active DoD Secret clearance
We offer outstanding benefits that include flexible work schedules, a competitive 401k company match, a Retirement Contribution plan, performance based incentive, paid parental leave, paid time off, and many other employee discounts.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Raytheon Technologies Jobs