Akamai Technologies, Inc Senior Product Architect in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Senior Product Architect
Cambridge, United States
Jun 03, 2020 Post Date
021273 Requisition #
Does the opportunity to impact the direction of our products excite you?
Do you want an opportunity to effect change at a leading technology organization?
Join our world-class Cloud Security organization
Our team is part of the Cloud Security organization. We help thousands of the largest enterprises around the world protect their websites and secure their transactions over the internet. As a Fortune 1000 company and Gartner recognized web security market leader, we have a proven record of delivering best in class security products and experiences to our customers.
Have an impact on the future of Internet Security
In this role, youll create end-to-end architecture for new security products and features, defining both technical and user aspects of the product. Translating customer needs into bold architecture, you will work on a wide range of problem statements, diving deeper than other teams to understand and address complex security pain points.
As a Senior Architect you will be responsible for:
• Defining the high-level architecture for new product features and functionality, including conception, UX and end-to-end design
• Partnering directly with customers to ensure our products and features are capable of addressing industry pain points
• Sharing designs with software engineering teams to guide them through the design process and product development
• Providing technical guidance to peers on best practices and the latest technology trends
• Presenting design for review to other teams internally as part of the product development process
Do what you love
To be successful in this role you will:
• 12 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Management Information Systems, another related field or its equivalent
• Have experience working on large-scale, web-based enterprise management systems
• Maintain a big picture approach, capable of keeping the end-to-end vision in mind when designing new features
• Have experience working within a technical team and a detailed understanding of the software development life-cycle
• Have good interpersonal skills with an ability to collaborate effectively within a diverse corporate and client environment
• Be passionate about building features that will be usable for our customers and help solve their problems
• Have passion and aptitude to learn new tools and technologies related to web security
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
• Working remotely from home or any other work location
• Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
At Akamai, we’re curious, innovative, collaborative and tenacious. We celebrate diversity of thought and we hold an unwavering belief that we can make a meaningful difference. Our teams use their global perspectives to put customers at the forefront of everything they do, so if you are people-centric, you’ll thrive here.
Working for you
At Akamai, we will provide you with opportunities to grow, flourish, and achieve great things. Our benefit options are designed to meet your individual needs for today and in the future. We provide benefits surrounding all aspects of your life:
· Your health
· Your finances
· Your family
· Your time at work
· Your time pursuing other endeavors
Our benefit plan options are designed to meet your individual needs and budget, both today and in the future.
Innovating on a global scale, we deliver our customers a fast, smart and secure intelligent edge platform. Working against a backdrop of digital collaboration, our highly skilled team drive progressive solutions that have the scope to transform entertainment, business, and life in ways that we have yet to imagine.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will challenge and inspire you!
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.
About Akamai Technologies
Akamai secures and delivers digital experiences for the world's largest companies. Akamai's intelligent edge platform surrounds everything, from the enterprise to the cloud, so customers and their businesses can be fast, smart, and secure. Top brands globally rely on Akamai to help them realize competitive advantage through agile solutions that extend the power of their multi-cloud architectures. Akamai keeps decisions, apps and experiences closer to users than anyone - and attacks and threats far away. Akamai's portfolio of edge security, web and mobile performance, enterprise access and video delivery solutions is supported by unmatched customer service, analytics and 24/7/365 monitoring. To learn how Akamai is shaping the future of digital transformation, visitwww.akamai.comand follow @AkamaiCareers onTwitter,Facebook,LinkedInandInstagram.
Akamai is a growing, and evolving, company with offices and operations around the world. As such, we strive to foster inclusive and representative workplaces where all employees are wholly welcome, and enabled to share and benefit from each other’s diverse contributions, as one global team. Our commitment to diversity reaches beyond our corporate offices, to our business partners and suppliers who share the same principles, and whose employees we value as integral to the Akamai business family. Learn more atwww.akamai.com/diversity.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. If you'd like more information about EEO rights under United States law, please clickhere.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.
Akamai Technologies, Inc
- Akamai Technologies, Inc Jobs