Mathematica Senior Project Manager in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Mathematica Policy Research is dedicated to improving public well-being by bringing the highest standards of quality, objectivity, and excellence to bear on information and analysis for our partners and clients. The company has been at the forefront of design and assessment of public policies and programs since 1968. Our data analytics have yielded actionable information to guide decisions in wide-ranging policy areas, from health, education, early childhood, and family support to nutrition, employment, disability, and international development. Come join our vibrant and growing team, and make important contributions to assessing the effectiveness of health care policies and improving the design and operations of key public programs.
Mathematica's Health unit seeks aSenior Project Manager with experience in managing complex, high-profile projects and leading cross-functional project teams to deliver high-quality solutions for our clients. This position entails a broad array of roles and responsibilities and will include leadership within the context of project management, business development and across the organization as well as successfully managing client relationships. As a Senior Project Manager, Health, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following activities:
- Lead complex projects and cross-organizational project teams that support government programs and clients in a multi-disciplinary setting
- Manage all phases of projects, including project risk, cost, schedule, quality, testing and communications according to industry best practices
- Lead multi-disciplinary teams, including technical developers, researchers, and analysts
- Develop and manage client relationships, including communication of project status and risks in regards to the project constraints - scope, cost, and schedule
- Develop and manage vendor relationships in support of multi-vendor project teams
- Take initiative in ensuring projects are run effectively and with proper governance, promoting integrity in all endeavors
- Participate and support in driving the continuous improvement of project management and operations processes, especially quality assurance activities
- Mentor less-senior personnel in aspects of the profession such as leadership, methodology, tools, people skills and navigating politics
- Participate in business development activities, such as proposal development, opportunity identification, and client meetings
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 10 years’ experience managing complex, high-profile projects
- Demonstrated expertise in systems design, project management, software development lifecycle, systems integration and/or requirements analysis
- Solid knowledge of project management principles and best practices and familiarity with project management tools, such as Microsoft Project
- Strong supervision, organizational, interpersonal and time management skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and effective presentation skills all geared toward coordination and collaboration
- Strong facilitation skills, including the ability to resolve issues and build consensus among groups of diverse stakeholders
- Experience with federal clients and contracts preferred (DHHS, CMS)
- Knowledge of federal health programs desired (e.g. Medicaid, Medicare)
- Experience with support tools (e.g. SharePoint, Confluence, JIRA, Hipchat, TFS)
- Project Management Professional certification preferred
- Experience with AWS cloud-based enterprise solutions a plus
- Experience managing projects using Agile development methodology a plus
- Experience in continuous improvement of project management and delivery lifecycle processes, CMMI level 3 process implementation, and/or other performance and process improvement experiences a plus
- Strong public sector business development and proposal writing experience a plus
We offer our employees a stimulating, team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of employee ownership. We provide generous paid time off (and an on-site fitness center).
Various federal agencies with whom we contract require that staff successfully undergo a background investigation or security clearance as a condition of working on the project. If you are assigned to such a project, you will be required to obtain the requisite security clearance.
Available locations: Washington, DC; Woodlawn, MD; Princeton, NJ; Cambridge, MA; Ann Arbor, MI; Chicago, IL; Oakland, CA
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.