Amazon Web Services Senior Software Development Engineer - Alexa Engine in Cambridge, Massachusetts
he Amazon Alexa (Speech) team is a group of developers and scientists working on audio, speech and natural language solutions that revolutionize how customers interact with Amazon’s products and services. The team’s mission is to push the envelope in automatic speech recognition (ASR) in order to provide the best possible experience for our customers. Products such as,,&are illustrative of the user-delighting spoken language solutions Amazon is building.
We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented Senior Software Engineers who have experience building innovative, mission critical, high volume applications that customers love. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know.
• Responsible for developing cutting edge solutions
• Investigate, design, prototype and evaluate technical solutions.
• Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules.
• Provide technical excellence
- • 7+ years industry experience building successful production software systems
• B.S. (or higher) degree in Computer Science
• Experience converting high-level product requirements into successful products through solid software architectures, engineering design and implementation.
• Experience in modern programming languages (Java, Python),
• Experience applying computer science fundamentals in various area. fundamentals
• Hands-on programming experience
Experience building scalable infrastructure software, web services or distributed systems for cloud based commercial online services
Experience with Amazon AWS platform, cloud products and solutions.
Experience designing and developing cloud software services for scalability, performance and reliability.
Development experience defining, developing and maintaining REST based interfaces and micro services
Operational experience and desire to own highly available critical cloud infrastructure.
Solid s/w engineer & advance Java practitioner
Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
Excellent problem solving skills
Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers and provide technical vision.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Share this job
CompanyAmazon.com Services, Inc.
Position CategorySoftware Development
Company/Location (search) : Country (Full Name)United States