Microsoft Corporation Senior Software Engineering Lead in Cambridge, Massachusetts
A new technology paradigm is emerging, one with an intelligent cloud and an intelligent edge. In this new paradigm, artificial intelligence (AI) will be pervasive across devices, apps, and infrastructure to drive insights and act on your behalf. In the Garage team, we are working with teams across the company to establish Microsoft as the leader in bringing amazing experiences to our customers powered by AI. If you are a software engineer looking to have a huge impact for Microsoft, this could be the role you’ve been looking for. We are looking for a passionate Software Engineering Leader to help us grow the next generation of Microsoft talent, build amazing AI-enabled experiences for our customers and embody our doers, not talkers mindset.
In this role, you’ll guide our efforts by leading our intern teams of software engineers and data scientists, working with our partner engineering teams to build strategic examples of AI innovation, and working with our local teams in Cambridge, MA with their efforts to bring the magic of AI to everyone. As a part of our global Garage team, you’ll have an opportunity to shape our engineering team’s best practices, building products and services that delight our customers. You’ll work on the Garage Internship program to evolve and grow the program using data from previous internships and input from Garage leadership. Your focus on great engineering will help us ensure that we deliver amazing, complete, customer focused prototypes and products. You’ll also be involved first hand in building our diverse, high-performance intern teams by being active in recruiting and hiring. Successful candidates will have proven records of practicing inclusive hiring and screening. Your skills and experiences will enable your success.
• BS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field
• 4+ years of experience as a practicing software engineer
• 1+ years of experience as a people manager Preferred Experiences:
• Building AI-powered experiences using APIs like Microsoft Cognitive Services
• Working with CNTK, tensor flow and similar toolkits to create machine learning models
• Mentoring and growing junior teams of software engineers and/or data scientists
• Collaborating and negotiating with partner teams working on shared goals
• Consuming, creating, and contributing to open source software projects
• Working in cross-discipline teams with UX, Art and Motion Graphics, Marketing, and other non-engineering disciplines