Akamai Technologies, Inc Senior Technical Program Manager – Global Performance and Operations (GPO) in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Senior Technical Program Manager – Global Performance and Operations (GPO)
Cambridge, United States
General & Administrative
May 16, 2019 Post Date
017305 Requisition #
Akamai’s Global Performance and Operations Team is looking for a creative, detail-oriented problem-solver to help develop and drive programs to maintain and scale the operational support of Akamai’s distributed network and products. You will work with members of the Products Performance Engineering and Platform Operations teams to support programs and projects of work related to launching and supporting successful Akamai products. In addition, you’ll work on improvements to our internal processes, tooling, and ways of working/engagement model with our internal customers and key stakeholders.
Senior Technical Program Managers are key contributors to Akamai’s successful product launches. As a Senior Technical Program Manager within Global Performance and Operations, you will be responsible for leading projects and driving results to develop performance measurements/KPIs and other system-health measurements for our products.
* Creating detailed program plans to support these efforts, including detailed work breakdown structures, as well as resource, communication, and risk plans.
* Monitoring risks and escalate them as appropriate.
* Investigating potential roadblocks and develop contingency plans so the teams don’t lose momentum.
* Providing mentorship and guidance to less experienced Program Managers.
* Working independently and comfortably in ambiguous or less well defined circumstances to create clear paths forward for teams.
* Working closely with key stakeholders to identify, document, and communicate a prioritized backlog of work items and projects:
Document the scope of these initiatives in sufficient detail to communicate it to others as needed.
Share the list of priorities with stakeholders as appropriate, and work with your key stakeholders to adjust according to ongoing changing business needs.
Negotiate program scope definition in collaboration with your stakeholders, with little guidance from PMO management.
* Encouraging and building collaboration among individuals on your teams.
* Building and leveraging relationships to positively influence teammates by mentoring and motivating others on your teams.
* Guiding others on how to interact effectively with those in positions of authority.
* Diffusing tense situations on your teams effectively.
* Maneuvering through complex political situations effectively.
* Creating and managing detailed communication plans; execute those plans as appropriate during the course of the execution of program work.
* Working with program sponsors and key stakeholders on presentations to executives.
* Communicating program status and expectation changes to senior leaders with appropriate frequency and using standardized methods.
* Working effectively and independently in collaboration across departments at Akamai.
* Tackling multiple, complex projects and direct their concurrent operation smoothly.
* Identifying areas for process and tooling improvements within our functional area of the organization.
* Maintaining and iterating on a roadmap of committed work through the current calendar year and beyond.
* Coordinating other inter- and cross-departmental projects.
About the Team
Global Performance and Operations supports the performance and operationalization of Akamai’s platform and products. Performance engineers develop Key Performance Indicators and assist with monitoring system health. Operations staff performs procedures and monitors system alerts in support of ongoing product and component health. Within GPO, the Products team focuses on supporting the successful launch and maintenance of Akamai’s products, and works closely with business units to establish KPIs and monitoring.
Required Education and Experience
Applicants must meet one of the following education and experience requirements:
8 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor’s degree or
6 years of relevant experience and a Master’s degree or
3 years of relevant experience and a PhD or
Equivalent professional experience
8 years of experience in technical or engineering-related discipline.
8 years of experience in project management or related role.
8 years of experience working with the software development lifecycle.
Strong written and verbal communication
Flexible and well-honed motivational and communication skills.
Ability to work independently.
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Firm understanding of the principles of feline herd dynamics.
Ability to work on multiple concurrent tasks, and to prioritize tasks to maximize productivity.
Passion for learning about new technologies.
Familiarity with real-time operational environments, with a good understanding of operational safety.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.
About Akamai Technologies
Akamai secures and delivers digital experiences for the world's largest companies. Akamai's intelligent edge platform surrounds everything, from the enterprise to the cloud, so customers and their businesses can be fast, smart, and secure. Top brands globally rely on Akamai to help them realize competitive advantage through agile solutions that extend the power of their multi-cloud architectures. Akamai keeps decisions, apps and experiences closer to users than anyone - and attacks and threats far away. Akamai's portfolio of edge security, web and mobile performance, enterprise access and video delivery solutions is supported by unmatched customer service, analytics and 24/7/365 monitoring. To learn how Akamai is shaping the future of digital transformation, visitwww.akamai.comand follow @AkamaiCareers onTwitter,Facebook,LinkedInandInstagram.
Akamai is a growing, and evolving, company with offices and operations around the world. As such, we strive to foster inclusive and representative workplaces where all employees are wholly welcome, and enabled to share and benefit from each other’s diverse contributions, as one global team. Our commitment to diversity reaches beyond our corporate offices, to our business partners and suppliers who share the same principles, and whose employees we value as integral to the Akamai business family. Learn more atwww.akamai.com/diversity.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. If you'd like more information about EEO rights under United States law, please clickhere.
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.
Akamai Technologies, Inc
- Akamai Technologies, Inc Jobs