Microsoft Corporation Senior UX Designer - Customer Experience & Success (CE&S) in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
With over 12,000 employees worldwide, the Microsoft Customer Experience & Success (CE&S) organization is responsible for the strategy, design, and implementation of the Microsoft end-to-end customer experience. This newly expanded organization reflects the Microsoft ambition to be known as a customer experience company, ensuring our Microsoft mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more is enabled by delighting customers and consistently exceeding their expectations in every interaction through a connected customer experience.
Microsoft has a tremendous opportunity to exceed customer expectations and drive greater customer loyalty and trust, which leads to greater satisfaction, retention, and growth. The CE&S organization is looking for people with a passion for delivering customer success to help us build a future where customers come to us, not only because we provide industry-leading products and services, and also because we provide a differentiated and connected customer experience that is rooted in our commitment to delivering on customer outcomes.
As a Senior Designer, you will contribute to objectives by:
• Working with business stakeholders and customers to conduct design studies, workshops that articulate the end-to-end journey paths and personas experience.
• Working closely and constructively with program management, engineering, business stakeholders and customer experience strategists to iterate and deliver flawless UI designs.
• Cocreating of strategies for successful design to engineering improvements to improve efficiencies and quality across the product or portfolio.
• Producing design visualizations to help everyone understand what the best experience should be: storyboards, flows, wireframes, prototypes, and vision pieces.
• Demonstrating expertise in creating a variety of supporting documentation including design specifications and guidelines, user scenarios, task flows, conceptual models, competitor analysis, heuristic evaluation, and annotated wireframes.
• Always advocating for the customer and partner, with a data driven approach centered on design thinking, quantitative and qualitative methodologies.
• Working with engineering to apply design thinking for technical constraints, user goals and business requirements.
• Leading ideation sessions cross organization teams to iterate on designs, user stories and impact reviews.
• 5 years of hands-on iterative design experience for software OS or large-scale services, including experience with information architecture, interaction design, user research, and usability testing.
• BA/BS degree in Interface Design, Interaction Design, Communication Design, Architecture, or equivalent experience.
• Work samples emphasizing end to end journeys, design contributions and outcomes (portfolio review is required)
• Proficiency in a variety of design tools such as Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Sketch
• Experience shipping digital online applications or support knowledge.
• Design empathy for ReactJS implementation.
• Aware of trends in mobile, communications, and collaboration
• Knowledge of CMS systems, Information architecture with demonstrated organizational skills with high attention to detail.
• Possesses the ability to think conceptually about design and information architecture.
• Proficiency in creating high-craft presentations with demonstrated written and verbal communication skills with executive audiences.
• Understands the array of technical constraints, user goals and business requirements that shape current and future products.
• Ability to quickly produce elegant and easily understood diagrams, wireframes, and other artifacts.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form (https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest) .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Microsoft Corporation Jobs