Amazon Web Services Software Development Engineer in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Interested in Machine Learning? How about Amazon Echo, Speech and Language Understanding, or Computer Vision? We’re building the machine learning platform behind Amazon Echo and other Amazon products and services. We’re working hard, having fun, making history; come join us!
As a member of the Alexa Machine Learning Data Platform team, you will be responsible for leading the development and launch of core infrastructure and platform features. You will work in a highly collaborative and supportive environment across all stages of an agile software development lifecycle, including architecture design, development, documentation, testing, and operations.
The ideal candidate is clearly passionate about new opportunities and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. Ability to collaborate effectively with a talented team and develop effective client relationships are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. This person has enjoys delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast. Machine learning background is not necessary.
Responsible for designing, developing, documenting, testing, and maintaining key system features
Will work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology, and evaluate technical feasibility.
Will work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against time-sensitive schedules.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• 3+ years professional experience in software development
• Experience in a modern programming language like Java, Python, C#, Ruby, C, Objective C, or C++
• Exprience with scalable computing systems, software architecture, data structures, and algorithms
• Master's degree in Computer Science
• Experience developing cloud and distributed software services and an understanding of design for security, availability, and performance.
• Development experience defining, developing, and maintaining REST based interfaces.
• Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills.
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work well with a diverse team
• Proven results and a history of project delivery
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Share this job
CompanyAmazon.com Services, Inc.
Position CategorySoftware Development
Company/Location (search) : Country (Full Name)United States