Harvard University Software Engineer Sr in Cambridge, Massachusetts
46654BRAuto req ID:46654BRJob Code:384858 Software Engineer Sr Location:USA - MA - Boston Business Title:Senior User Experience DesignerSub-Unit:------------ Appointment End Date:30-Apr-2020Salary Grade:058Time Status:Full-time Union:00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary Basic Qualifications:
BS/BA degree required. Must have educational qualifications in design, human-computer interaction, human factors engineering, business analysis, computer science, or a related information field at either the bachelor’s or masters level or through a certificate program or immersive experience.
7+ years experience in architecting and designing desktop, mobile, or web-based software applications. Advanced degree or certificate in a related educational program may be applied towards years experience.
Additional Qualifications:▪ Team player – optimistic and collaborative; takes ownership, and embraces others’ successes
▪ Impeccable verbal and written communicator who builds rapport at all levels of the organization
▪ Technically competent, with excellent organizational, design, information architecture, requirements analysis, and problem-solving skills
▪ A talented negotiator who listens and generates creative solutions to complex challenges
▪ Adaptable and quick learner who enjoys tackling a large variety of problems
▪ Handles multiple tasks and projects under competing deadlines and shifting priorities employing good follow-through and time management
▪ Exercises good judgment in defining system requirements, prioritizing work, triaging issues, and negotiating with the technical team.
▪ Skilled with wireframing, design, and workflow tools (Balsamiq, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Gliffy, or similar) and Microsoft Office or similar
▪ Proficient with ticketing systems (Jira or similar), and tools for generating design artifacts (Confluence or similar)
▪ Experience in user research and/or usability testing is desired.
▪ Graphic design experience is a plus but is not the main focus of this role.
▪ Experience with agile methodology is strongly preferred
▪ Experience in a health-related and/or grant-based academic environment is strongly preferred
▪ Masters degree in human-computer interaction or human factors engineering or related information field is strongly desired.
▪ The SMART IRB team seeks applicants who value people, customers, teamwork, trust, quality, integrity, preparedness, and product excellence.
Please provide a link to your online portfolio in addition to your resume.
Funded by the NIH National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences through its Clinical and Translational Science Awards Program, grant number 3 UL1 TR002541-01S1.Additional Information:This is a term position, through April 30, 2020, with a strong possibility for renewal.
Harvard offers an outstanding benefits package including:
Time Off: 3 - 4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid sick days, 11.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year.
Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start date.
Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
Wellness options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation and complementary health services.
Harvard access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events and many discounts throughout metro Boston.
The Harvard Medical School is not able to provide visa sponsorship for this position.
Department:Harvard CatalystPre-Employment Screening:Education, IdentityJob Function:Information Technology Duties & Responsibilities:Harvard Catalyst | The Harvard Clinical and Translational Science Center at Harvard Medical School is seeking a seasoned Senior User Experience Designer, skilled in designing great user interfaces and researching user needs, with extensive experience in workflow, business process, and user-centered design. Use your skills to accelerate research and improve patient care!
Harvard Catalyst https://catalyst.harvard.edu/ and the SMART IRB program https://smartirb.org/ are developing web-based systems used by researchers and institutions across the United States to streamline the initiation of clinical research studies through Single IRB Review. Our semi-automated transactional workflow systems require sophisticated yet simple interfaces to ensure researchers can quickly and efficiently accomplish their tasks.
We seek a creative, versatile, problem-solving design enthusiast who embodies user-centered design in every aspect of software development. You are equally comfortable eliciting users’ needs, defining business goals and discussing technical solutions. Using a team-based agile methodology, and in conjunction with the senior business analyst and director (the design team), you ensure the finished product provides a simple, intuitive, and effective user experience that achieves the business aims. You work with the technical team to understand their needs and challenges in order to optimize solution definitions. You draw upon leadership’s key insights and offer responsive solutions to address researcher and administrator challenges.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
▪ Engage with end users and mid-level and executive stakeholders at a national level to determine strategy and vision for software applications. Ensure that the vision is practical, feasible, implementable, and forward-looking.
▪ Negotiate priorities, sprint content and longer-term plans collaboratively with the design team, stakeholders, and technical team, to ensure effective sprint cycles that produce a high-quality minimum viable product.
▪ Collaborate with stakeholders and design team members to define an optimal user experience.
▪ Collaborate with the technical team to elucidate and define the user interface and interaction of the system, addressing the needs of the technical team while supporting the needs of the users.
▪ Investigate user needs via interviews, surveys, observations, focus groups, usability studies and testing, etc. Analyze and synthesize results, and report findings and recommendations for the design process and future enhancements.
▪ Oversee user acceptance and feedback, striving for tool optimization and user satisfaction
▪ Lead design of the user experience, interface, and interaction of new features, producing sketches, mockups, wireframes, workflows, process maps, personas, prototypes, and design pattern libraries as appropriate.
▪ Define an information architecture that enables ease of use, emphasizing the most frequently needed aspects of the system.
▪ Produce internal and external system demonstrations, training videos, and visualizations of system capabilities for external use and public consumption.
▪ Mentor and/or supervise graduate-level interns or undergraduate co-ops who may assist with user studies and/or design activities. Define projects and job descriptions, interview, and select candidates.School/Unit:Harvard Medical School EEO Statement:We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.