Mathematica Specialist/Sr. Specialist, Technical Talent Acquisition in Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Position Description*:
Mathematica applies expertise at the intersection of data, methods, policy, and practice to improve well-being around the world. We collaborate closely with public- and private-sector partners to translate big questions into deep insights that improve programs, refine strategies, and enhance understanding. Our work yields actionable information to guide decisions in wide-ranging policy areas, from health, education, early childhood, and family support to nutrition, employment, disability, and international development. Mathematica offers our employees competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of being 100 percent employee owned. As an employee stock owner, you will experience financial benefits of ESOP holdings that have increased in tandem with the company’s growth and financial strength. You will also be part of an independent, employee-owned firm that is able to define and further our mission, enhance our quality and accountability, and steadily grow our financial strength. Learn more about our benefits here: https://www.mathematica.org/career-opportunities/benefits-at-a-glance
We are looking for a Technical Talent Acquisition Specialist at the Specialist or Senior Specialist level to join the TA team in any of the following locations: Cambridge, MA; Princeton, NJ; *Washington, DC; Ann Arbor, MI; Chicago, IL; Oakland, CA; Seattle, WA; or Remote*. This is a fantastic opportunity to grow our Talent Acquisition team’s capabilities in hiring top technical candidates in areas such as full stack software development, data science, cloud engineering, statistical programming, IT, and more. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about the candidate experience and streamlining processes.
At Mathematica, we take pride in our commitment to diversity. Building an inclusive culture that draws on the individual strengths of employees from different ethnic backgrounds, cultures, lifestyles, abilities, and experience is key to our success.
- Engage with hiring managers in intake meetings to understand role requirements, develop high quality job descriptions, and establish sourcing and recruitment strategies
- Design and execute strategies for engaging and finding diverse talent
- Utilize job boards, social media, search engines, and corporate postings to source technical candidates
- Perform in-depth sourcing of passive candidates by using creative forms of online search (Boolean, social networking, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Advance candidates through the full recruiting lifecycle: sourcing, screening, interviewing, selection, offer negotiation, and reference checks
- Provide a smooth and seamless candidate experience
- Report on search progress, including candidate pipelines to Technical Talent Acquisition Manager and team members
- Maintain Applicant Tracking System (ATS), including job postings, open position information, candidate details, workflow, etc.
- Communicate clearly and effectively across different channels: in person, video, phone, email, etc.
- Demonstrate to candidates a positive reflection of our brand and company culture
- Contribute to long-term projects involving process improvement, candidate experience, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree; equivalent combination of experience and education will also be considered
- Specialist: 3+ years of full lifecycle recruiting experience, preferably with technical recruiting
- Senior Specialist: 7+ years of full lifecycle recruiting experience, preferably with technical recruiting
- Experience with applicant tracking systems (ATS)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including consistent and thorough communication with hiring managers on status of positions, candidate quality, and candidate pipeline
- Proactive problem-solving skills
- Interest in learning and staying current with recruiting best practices
- Excellent interpersonal skills with specific experience in building strong business relationships with key stakeholders and decision makers
- Experience working independently and with dispersed teams
- Ability to easily shift recruitment direction and priorities based on ever-changing critical business needs
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of employment laws and OFCCP compliance
This position offers an anticipated annual base salary range of $55,000 - $85,000 at the Specialist level, and $65,000 - $95,000 at the Senior Specialist level. This position may be eligible for a discretionary bonus based on company and individual performance.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, location preference, and salary expectations. To select "Remote" as your location, please indicate this in your cover letter and/or select "no preference" on the questionnaire.
Various federal agencies with whom we contract require that staff successfully undergo a background investigation or security clearance as a condition of working on the project. If you are assigned to such a project, you will be required to obtain the requisite security clearance. Must be able to pass a public trust background investigation. We are not working with staffing agencies to fill this position. We are not able to sponsor candidates for visas.
- Available Locations:* Cambridge, MA; Princeton, NJ; Washington, DC; Ann Arbor, MI; Chicago, IL; Oakland, CA; Seattle, WA; Remote
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Mathematica Jobs