Mathematica Strategic Business Development and Project Delivery Manager in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Mathematica applies expertise at the intersection of data, methods, policy, and practice to improve well-being around the world. We collaborate closely with public- and private-sector partners to translate big questions into deep insights that improve programs, refine strategies, and enhance understanding using data science and analytics. Our work yields actionable information to guide decisions in wide-ranging policy areas, from health, education, early childhood, and family support to nutrition, employment, disability, and international development. Mathematica offers our employees competitive salaries, and a comprehensive benefits package, as well as the advantages of being 100 percent employee owned. As an employee stock owner, you will experience financial benefits of ESOP holdings that have increased in tandem with the company’s growth and financial strength. You will also be part of an independent, employee-owned firm that is able to define and further our mission, enhance our quality and accountability, and steadily grow our financial strength.
We are seeking a dynamic, tech enthusiast, and self-starting individual to join the Medicaid business development team in our health analytic systems and technology (AST) group. The Medicaid business development team focuses on expanding Mathematica’s analytic offerings in data science and engineering, cloud architecture, IT project management, and data warehousing within both State and Federal markets. The team is dynamic and engages in both proactive and RFP business development opportunities. This team also assists with project delivery and project management which provides for a full 360 degree view of our client’s needs.
- Contribute to the strategic framework for Mathematica’s ongoing business development activities in Federal and State Medicaid as well as other State health work
- Conduct active outreach to potential partners and manage teaming and subcontractor agreements
- Develop budget specifications and review budget materials for proposals and other client engagements
- Participate in brainstorming and writing activities for technical proposal language used in response to RFPs and other solicitations
- Work collaboratively across technology and advisory services teams to ensure adequate material is documented and available for BD activities
- Participate in technical project delivery by serving either in a project management role or a client engagement capacity
- Lead teams to document project requirements and oversee the development of prototypes and other interactive demonstrations
- Deliver client presentations and ensure client satisfaction with technical deliverables
- Coordinate the communication of highly specialized policy and technology outputs to client leads
- Graduate degree (Ph.D., J.D., M.B.A./M.A./M.S./M.P.P./M.P.H.) and at least 5 years of experience working with cross-functional technology and advisory services teams in a public policy consulting context
- Demonstrated experience working on health care related projects
- High-level working knowledge of technology processes such as software development lifecycle (SDL), extract/transform/load (ETL), and tools (Jira, Confluence, Tableau)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite products
- Ability to apply technology to provide solutions for decision makers regarding complex policy issues
- Expertise in discussing complex technology applications and distilling those applications to non-technical audiences
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references at time of application. Review of applications will start in November 2019, applications completed before January 2020 will receive priority in consideration.
Various federal agencies with whom we contract require that staff successfully undergo a background investigation or security clearance as a condition of working on the project. If you work on such a project, you will be required to obtain the requisite security clearance.
Available Locations: Ann Arbor, MI; Chicago, IL
Other locations (Princeton, NJ; Cambridge, MA; Washington, DC; Oakland, CA; Seattle, WA; Woodlawn, MD) will also be considered.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Mathematica Jobs