Microsoft Corporation Support Planner - Identity in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
With over 12,000 employees worldwide, the Microsoft Customer Experience & Success (CE&S) organization is responsible for the strategy, design, and implementation of the Microsoft end-to-end customer experience. This newly expanded organization reflects the Microsoft ambition to be known as a customer experience company, ensuring our Microsoft mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more is enabled by delighting customers and consistently exceeding their expectations in every interaction through a connected customer experience.
Microsoft has a tremendous opportunity to exceed customer expectations and drive greater customer loyalty and trust, which leads to greater satisfaction, retention, and growth. The CE&S organization is looking for people with a passion for delivering customer success to help us build a future where customers come to us, not only because we provide industry-leading products and services, and also because we provide a differentiated and connected customer experience that is rooted in our commitment to delivering on customer outcomes.
The Azure Support Planning team is seeking a Support Planner to own and drive planning for the Azure Identity Management support business.
Do you have expertise and experience collaborating across teams and enjoy working to build short-term and long-term solutions? Do you enjoy working to understand customer needs and looking at how the broad market is changing to influence the outcomes you are working towards? Are you experienced at managing a broad portfolio of projects that range in scope from large to small and applying the right amount of effort to keep them all moving forward simultaneously? We are looking for someone who can understand the strategic and operational needs of our business, distill those needs into detailed, prioritized sets of business scenarios and requirements, and then work with our engineering counterparts to bring those experiences to life.
In this role you will work with all levels of management, Engineering, Program Managers, Support Planners, third-party solution providers, and other roles across the company in close conjunction with our team. Building strong relationships with stakeholders, knowing how to achieve the right level of consensus, and how to move forward when roadblocks arise are critical to your success.
Above all, a passion for driving quality customer support experiences, a genuine understanding of how the support experience benefits and enhances the overall product lifecycle, and a strong growth-mindset approach to tackling big challenges are necessary. If you think this job description is tailored for you, we look forward to talking with you.
• 3+ years’ experience in a support or services related role with strong understanding of commercial customer support needs.
• Experience working with data (i.e. PowerBI, Pivot Tables, Databases, etc.) to drive prioritization and decision making and estimate impact and ROI.
• Creative thinker with broad understanding of the developer audience needs and passion for seeking new approaches for high-impact developer engagement.
• Proven executive communication skills and ability to effectively influence at the executive level.
• Demonstrated ability to engage large, global and diverse virtual teams to deliver results.
• Ability to balance strategic thinking and tactical execution.
• Demonstrated collaboration and negotiation skills that result in positive outcomes for multiple stakeholders across Developer Tools/Services, Azure or other Microsoft Online Services experience preferred.
• Ability to identify opportunities / gaps in the customer experience and partner with teams to develop improved processes, tools, and technology solutions.
• Strong understanding of the Microsoft Product Group and the product development lifecycle.
• Experience with common Support Delivery channels including Chat, Communities/Forums, Online, and Phone
• Experience building forecasting models to estimate impact of new releases and acquisitions.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and / or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire / transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form (https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest) .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Microsoft Corporation Jobs