Harvard University Sys Progrmng/Analysis/Admin in Cambridge, Massachusetts
47037BRAuto req ID:47037BRJob Code:383257 Sys Progrmng/Analysis/Admin Location:USA - MA - Cambridge Business Title:Business Analyst, E-mail CommunicationsSub-Unit:------------ Appointment End Date:18-Dec-2020Salary Grade:057Time Status:Full-time Union:00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary Basic Qualifications:
Candidates MUST meet the following basic qualifications in order to be considered:
• Must have at least five years of relevant technology experience to include two years as a BA, and that includes experience in training and documentation.
• Experience with enterprise email marketing tools, such as IBM Watson Campaign Automation (formerly Silverpop), Salesforce Marketing Cloud or other comparable tool.
• A Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
• Demonstrated experience managing email campaigns and database queries
• Fluency in HTML is ideal
• Experience with any of the following is a plus: Everbridge Emergency Notification Service; Saleforce CRM; Marketing Cloud; Mail Chimp.
• Excellent skills in interpersonal, written and presentation communication
• Capability to provide functional support during project release go lives, which may include occasional evening or weekend work
• Strong service mindset
• Adaptable to changing priorities
• Keen problem-solving troubleshooting ability, business systems savvy, and attention to detail.
Note: Upon hire, the internal title for this position will be Business Analyst
• Please note: Harvard University requires pre-employment reference and background screening.
• Harvard University Information Technology is unable to provide work authorization and/or visa sponsorship.
• This position has a 180-day orientation and review period.
Harvard offers an outstanding benefits package including:
Time Off: 3 - 4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid sick days, 11.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year.
Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start date.
Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
Wellness options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation and complimentary health services.
Harvard access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events and many discounts throughout metro Boston.
Join Harvard University Information Technology (HUIT) to assure Harvard’s leadership in IT!
More about HUIT:
Harvard University Information Technology (HUIT) is responsible for the strategy, planning, and delivery of information technology across the University.
To assure Harvard’s leadership in IT: We strive to make it easier for faculty, students, and staff to teach, research, learn, and work through the effective use of information technology.
Department:Communication and Collaboration ServicesPre-Employment Screening:Identity Job Function:Information Technology Duties & Responsibilities:This is a fully benefited, full-time Harvard University position that has been funded until December 18, 2020. There is the possibility of renewal, contingent on funding, university priorities and satisfactory job performance.
Harvard University Information Technology (HUIT) is a community of Information Technology professionals committed to understanding our users and devoted to making it easier for faculty, students, and staff to teach, research, learn, and work through the effective use of information technology. We are recruiting an IT workforce that has both breadth in their ability to collaborate and innovate across disciplines – and depth in specific areas of expertise. HUIT offers opportunities for IT professionals to learn and work in a unique technology landscape and service-focused environment. If you are a technically proficient, nimble, user-focused and accountable IT professional who also connects with the importance of collaborating well in a team environment we are looking for you!
The Business Analyst (BA) supporting Broadcast Communications will report to the Senior Service Manager, Communication and Collaboration Services. Broadcast Communications encompasses the use of software-as-a service (SaaS) tools to facilitate the mass distribution of emails and alerts for both emergency and not emergency communications.
• Support IT development of new features/functions within existing tools by performing system configuration, development of technical documentation and presentation materials.
• Engage in user outreach, issues management, research, peer and best practices benchmarking, user provisioning, and end user training.
• Provide Tier One and Tier Two production support, including customer communication, troubleshooting, researching and recommending resolution options, following standard procedures and processes according to established service levels for both emergency and non-emergency communications tools.
The BA will have the opportunity to learn how to roll out and manage broadcast communications as a service within a large organization. Works under the guidance of a Senior Product Manager to develop guidelines and processes to allow departments to effectively send urgent and important messages throughout the Harvard community and beyond. Additionally, the BA will structure and manage training to senior communication specialists and emergency personnel. He/she will become expert in the use of the Everbridge emergency notification platform as well as act as subject matter expert in the use of IBM Watson Campaign Automation.
Key outcomes will be the development of a new service offering to enhance the delivery of email communications throughout Harvard. Through this process, the BA will:
• Interviews key stakeholders and end users to analyze business processes and system needs.
•Prepare requirements documentation and business process workflow diagramming and design
•Translate business requirements into functional and technical specifications.
•Captures use cases, user stories and conceptual process models.
• Assist in analysis of vendor solutions and their fit to requirements
• Meet with customers to field direct requests, discuss requirements and collaborate on solution design including business process and policy related matters where applicable.
• Work with the technical team to make sure that requirements are well understood as part of the software development lifecycle e.g., requirements review, turnover, signoff.
School/Unit:Harvard University Information Technology EEO Statement:We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.