Kelly Services Urgent ! IT Project Manager (Pharma) in Cambridge, Massachusetts
Kelly Services is seeking a R & D IT Project Manager role for a multinational biotechnology company located in Cambridge, MA.
* If this position may be interested to you, please email me back at firstname.lastname@example.org (with your most up to date resume in word format) and advise the best time and number at which you can be reached **
Job Title: R & D IT Project Manager
Location: Remote then Cambridge, MA Type: W2 Assignment
Type: Only W2 Assignment
Length: 12 months
Pay rate: Open for discussion
Why the role is open : New projects, Data integrity.
Where does your department and this role fit within company : R&D IT
What are the three big “must haves”: Extensive scrum exp, has to be a senior project manager, they will run the entire project. Pharma and agile are important as well as LIMS experience.
R&D IT PROJECT MANAGER – Research IT
The R&D IT Project Manager will oversee Research projects supporting data integrity program (asset and assay registration solution). The Project Manager has responsibility for the health and success of projects within a matrixed organization with direct relationships with various groups in the business as well as IT.
This role requires the ability to:
• Monitor, manage, and ensure predictable delivery of the project in a deadline-driven environment.
• Drive delivery and accountability of internal staff as well as vendors and third-party project managers. Own the quality of the project delivered.
• Enable early identification and appropriate escalation of risks and issues that require assistance, attention, or executive resolution.
• Effectively communicate project status to leadership, verbally or in written form.
The Project Manager will monitor resources both internal to Biogen as well as external vendors and partners. The Project Manager is accountable for ensuring that the projects are delivered according to committed scope, approved budget, and target dates. The Project Manager will ensure that internal staff, as well as vendors and third-party project managers, provide committed project deliverables to the appropriate cadence and high level of quality.
• 5+ years project management experience, ideally including budget accountability
• 8+ years experience as an IT professional
• Comfortable with both Waterfall and Agile methodologies, and familiarity with tools such as MS Project and JIRA.
• Experience with research systems projects, including requirements gathering, planning, and execution within a highly structured SDLC framework
• Experience with GxP-validated systems
• Experience in leading daily stand-ups and cross-functional meetings for nimble, fast-moving teams
• Proven ability to motivate colleagues and manage stakeholder priorities in a deadline-oriented environment
• Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication skills – particularly organizing and presenting project information to management
• Capable of working well under pressure; highly organized
• Capable of multi-tasking across projects
• Capable of working independently
• Experience working with third party vendor management (SaaS, cloud vendors)
• A background in Life Sciences projects, with research projects involving LIMS implementation
• BA or BS in Computer Science, Business, or Life Sciences-related field required
• Graduate degree in a relevant field preferred
• PMP Certification preferred
Professional Technical Recruiter
Kelly Services, Inc
Why Kelly ® ?
As a worker today, it’s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what’s next is what we’re all about. We know what’s going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the nearly 500,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
About Kelly ®
At Kelly , we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
- Kelly Services Jobs