CDM Smith Lead IT Project Manager (Remote Work Options) in Chelmsford, Massachusetts
CDM Smith is seeking a Lead IT Project Manager. This individual leads highly complex information technology (IT) enterprise wide projects. Oversees and provides guidance to staff, project staff and feedback to IT management. Implements approved project resource plans and oversees resource allocation, documentation, budgets, and timelines.
• Implements project(s) of all sizes and complexities according to scope, schedule and deliverables agreed to by the project stakeholders and leadership. Leads project teams in highly complex IT enterprise-wide projects and ensures adherence to company and project management policies, procedures, and practices.
• Performs ongoing review of project status. Collaborates with stakeholders, business analysts, portfolio managers, etc., to define project scope, budget, deliverables, timeline and detailed work plan, etc. Manages, documents and maintains records of project plan changes. Tracks and reports scope, schedule and budget to technology management. Manages and creates system and business requirements and other technical documentation.
• Follows the IT PMO (IT Project Management Office) governance model and the supporting framework in alignment with PMO principles. Makes recommendations to improve and standardize processes for systems analysis planning and monitoring, requirements elicitation and analysis, and requirements management and communication.
• Ensures that projects are staffed with the appropriate information technology, stakeholder and vendor resources. Mentors more junior project managers and provides expertise in support of highly complex projects or program design, as needed. Communicates project deadlines, assignments and objectives to project team members. Provides feedback to project team resource managers on individual project team member’s performance during the project.
• Manages staff, evaluates performance, mentors and plans career paths, approves paid time off (PTO) and training, ensures human resources (HR) policies are followed and makes recommendation regarding staffing decisions.
• Performs other duties as required.
Individual must be able to work in Boston office 1-2 days a week.
Lead IT Project Manager (Remote Work Options)
• Bachelor's degree.
• 7 years of related experience.
Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
• Experience managing Marketing and/or Data Warehouse projects.
• Experience with using and/or managing Salesforce.
• PMP Certification.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
Job Site Location:
Northeast United States
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No - We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
• Expert knowledge of IT Project Management best practices.
• Ability to develop and oversee project schedules and scope budget of IT projects.
• Ability to document systems and business requirements and create technical documentation and artifacts.
• Expert knowledge in all Microsoft Office applications.
• Expert knowledge of PMI (Project Management Institute) standards and practices as well as the ability to adapt and comply with the firm’s approved project management standards and practices.
• Possesses excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to interact with varying levels of staff, as well as vendors.
• Strong ability to lead teams.
Background Check and Drug Testing Information:
CDM Smith reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated positions. Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview. CDM Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant's criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate. In addition, during employment individuals may be required by CDM Smith or a CDM Smith client to successfully complete additional background checks, including motor vehicle record as well as drug testing.
- CDM Smith Jobs