Jabil Automation Engineer - Intern in Clinton, Massachusetts
At Jabil, we empower the brands who empower the world – it’s our reason for being and the guiding force that’s driving us to become the most technologically advanced manufacturing solutions provider on the planet. Whether we’re serving one of the world’s biggest and best known brands or the coolest tech startups, our resolve never wavers. We share common desires with these brands: to make the world a better, safer and cleaner place.
Title : Automation Engineering Intern
About Our Company
Jabil Healthcare offers healthcare and pharmaceutical customers the widest array of design and manufacturing capabilities in the industry. With more than 40 years of experience, our highly specialized teams meet the complex and regulated demands of the diagnostics, medical devices, consumer health and pharmaceutical markets enabling the world's leading brands to fulfill their market potential. Jabil Healthcare’s customer focused services range from ideation to device development support, engineering, supply chain optimization, vertical plastics and electronics to device assembly operations, all at our purpose-built facilities that support stringent healthcare requirements and protect our customers’ intellectual property.
Summary: The Commercial Automation Engineering Intern will assist the department in providing support to that area. In addition, they may be assigned specific projects either as part of, or in addition to, the day-to-day activities related to the assignment spanning approximately 10-12 weeks. Interns will have the opportunity to participate in a series of learning, networking, and volunteer activities over the summer. Project Description:
The Interns will be assigned to assist teams execute existing improvement projects and lead new improvement projects. We expect the intern to apply “sound problem solving methodologies” in order to reduce equipment downtime and the creation of scrap.They will be tasked to:• Map processes• Identify Waste – process improvements• Compile and analyze data• Develop action plans to remove the waste• Standardize the process
· They will support project teams that are working on identifying ways to reduce scrap and downtime on our high speed assembly lines.
· Support/ Complete LSS projects and demonstrate improvement on the following metrics:• Scrap %• OTIF %• Lead Time• Overtime hours
Education & Experience Requirements:
· Undergraduate student in pursuit of Bachelor’s degree majoring in assigned discipline/department related field.
· Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor
· Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy
· Strong academic performance (3.0 or better GPA)
· Demonstrated leadership experience
· Strong interpersonal skills (verbal and written)
· Self-starter and innovative thinker
· Teamwork mentality
· Strong Analytical and problem solving skills
· Highly organized with attention to detail
· Proficient with MS Office
Preferred Academic Major:
· Mechanical Engineering
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Jabil.com/Careers site as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to Always_Accessible@Jabil.com or by calling 1.727.803.7515 with the nature of your request and contact information. Please do not direct any other general employment related questions to this e-mail or phone number. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address and/or phone number.