Cardinal Health Interface Analyst in Concord, Massachusetts
Are you looking for an environment where you can make a daily, real, and positive impact on our healthcare system? Are you looking for a demanding and fast-paced environment, requiring enthusiasm and energy, attention to details, strategic thinking, teamwork, and dedication? WaveMark™ Supply Management and Workflow solutions is a rapidly growing platform that enables hospitals and medical device manufacturers to efficiently manage the inventory and usage of high value medical and implantable devices throughout the supply chain, all the way to the point of use. WaveMark leverages advanced technologies such as RFID, NFC, and mobile, as well as a cloud-based advanced analytics platform.
What Business Analysis contributes to Cardinal Health
Business Analysis is responsible for deeply understanding the business in multiple functional areas and across Business Units, as well as understanding the application landscape and capabilities. They maintain relationships with the business and leverage requirements engineering practices and methods to enable improved business processes to drive business success. They align business strategies and capability needs into business and technical requirements to ensure IT systems enable the desired value.
- Knows and executes best practices for business analysis processes and functions (from an industry and strategic standpoint), including requirements elicitation methods. Knows emerging trends.
- Defines requirements in accordance with SDP/SDLC, management and project/product scope. Ensures problem statements and objectives are clearly defined. Ensures requirements are aligned to project scope, objectives and strategies.
- Leads elicitation sessions using variety of requirements gathering methods such as interviews, documentation analysis, surveys, site visits, business models with executives, managers, developers and subject matter experts.
- Facilitates the team through the analysis of, and makes recommendations towards, complex business decisions.
- Mediates across different IT teams utilizing knowledge of IT and roles and responsibilities within the organization.
- Focuses on process analysis and re-engineering, with an understanding of technical problems and solutions as they relate to the current and future business environment.
- Demonstrates excellent listening, communication, and facilitation skills.
As a WaveMark Interface Analyst you are responsible for managing all aspects of implementing WaveMark interfaces with clients. You will collaborate with customers and internal project teams to identify interface requirements, map data elements, perform interface configuration and data setup, and conduct testing and validation.
- Work with project managers and solution architects to gather customer requirements and create workflows in order to map current state to future state; document future state
- Assess technical design, and workflow documents. Make modifications where appropriate.
- Conduct interface requirements and design meetings with customer IT teams
- Assist with design of the customer solution including interfaces between materials management and EMR systems, general inventory management workflows, and data mapping strategy
- Design and document the test plan; lead test case development and solution validation with project manager and the customer.
- Manage and communicate technical timelines (e.g. design, build, testing) to the program project manager; ensure timelines are communicated and align with the larger project
- Provide feedback to the product management team in the event that new requirements are identified not supported by the current system
- Work closely with the Operations implementation team around the customer solution design
- Create interface specification and deployment guide documentation
- Act as a technical escalation point to the operations teams during the implementation phase
- Assist with escalated interface support related matter
- Healthcare system HL7 messaging understanding (Implementation/Conversion/Projects)
- Practical experience with relational databases (e.g. Oracle, SQL) and Linux a plus
- Understanding of healthcare supply chain, inventory management workflows, and/ or EMR systems
- Experience with enterprise healthcare solutions including materials management systems, billing systems, and clinical documentation / EMR systems
- Experience driving transformations in mid to large organizations
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent work experience preferred
- 4+ years experience in related field preferred
- Proven ability to analyze, design, and optimize system processes and integrations
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and apply this knowledge
- Strong leadership skills enabling the ability to influence and guide customers to deploy new technologies and workflows
- Ability to articulate and defend points of view to varying audiences - technical and clinical
- Ability to independently work on multiple simultaneous projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills, ability to adjust materials to audience
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Occasional travel may be required (up to 15%)
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs