IQVIA IT Program Manager in Danvers, Massachusetts
IQVIA R&DS Technologies Overview
The vision for R&DS Technologies is to become the market leader in digital R&D solutions. We own best in class teams delivering market leading digital R&D solutions focused on seamless and meaningful experiences and outcomes for patients, partners and people. Our team builds commercial products in the clinical technology space, and serves the world’s largest CRO with technology, tools and applications driving growth and productivity.
The IT Program Manager position will plan, supervise, and manage the direction of multiple medium-size projects with a single aim and/or one large strategic project at local, regional, or global levels. These projects/programs will be performed in collaboration with project team members and stakeholders, ensuring the integration, coordination, timing, and consistency of process throughout. The incumbent is expected to be able to deliver, within the constraints of scope, quality, time and cost, complete IT project solutions utilizing the corporate System Development Life-Cycle (SDLC) processes. Overall project /program budgetary responsibility will typically be up to $5,000,000.
Develop, and act as a custodian for, the project/program vision
• Define the project/program objectives and provide input into the Business Case
• Ensure that projects/programs successfully control and monitor progress, addressing risk and issue management, resource conflicts, effective communications, and stakeholder involvement, as appropriate
• Recommend course of action regarding project/program issues and concerns, implement mitigation plans, then escalate risks and issues as necessary
• Work with financial stakeholders to support budget construction, as required, and to control expenditure to achieve financial objectives
• Allocate resources in accordance with strategic and tactical priorities and company goals and objectives. Request project team membership from other department, if required. Actively compare competing needs and benefits against existing work and strategies.
• Ensure that staff follows IQVIA System Development Life-Cycle (SDLC) and Computer System Validation (CSV) procedures.
• Develop, implement, and review methods to assess quality and efficiency of work performed by team, including metrics, internal process improvement, Operating Procedures, and Work Instructions
• Actively assist in the strategy for continuous improvement to project management best practices
• Assist the IT Program Director in removing potential barriers that limit the effective delivery of IT projects/programs within the organization
• Manage and coordinate the implementation of internal, external, and off-the-shelf business applications with all IT and business groups
• Maintain knowledge of the IT industry; analyze the abilities of tools and technologies, compare with the need of the business, then recommend potential solutions to managers within the business
• Manage and mentor staff in accordance with organizational policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance and guiding professional development; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing employee relations issues and resolving problems; approving actions for Human Resource matters
• Other duties as assigned
10 years related experience including 6 years project management experience
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Experience leading Agile product teams of Designers, Developers, & Testers.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Good problem solving skills
Demonstrated ability to deliver results to the appropriate quality and timeline metrics
Strong influencing and negotiation skills
Good team leadership skills
Excellent customer service skills
Sound judgment and decision making skills
Strong software and computer skills, including MS Office applications
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 70,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com .
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable law.
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA’s Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for such an accommodation.
IQVIA is a world leader in using data, technology, advanced analytics, and expertise to help customers drive healthcare – and human health – forward. Together with the companies we serve, we are enabling a more modern, more effective and more efficient healthcare system, and creating breakthrough solutions that transform business and patient outcomes.
To get there, it takes diverse skills and a curiosity to explore new possibilities. No matter your role, everyone at IQVIA, including our colleagues at Q² Solutions, contributes to our shared goal of improving human health. Thank you for your interest in growing your career with us.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
- IQVIA Jobs