Wynn Las Vegas IT Manager - PC Technician Encore Boston Harbor in Everett, Massachusetts
ABOUT ENCORE BOSTON HARBOR Encore Boston Harbor is a luxury global destination gaming resort that features 671 hotel rooms with sweeping views of the Boston skyline and Boston Harbor, ultra-premium spa, luxury retail, high-end dining, and state-of-the-art ballroom and meeting spaces. At a total cost of $2.6 billion, it is the largest private single-phase development in the history of the Commonwealth. Situated on the waterfront along the Mystic River and connected to Boston Harbor, Encore Boston Harbor includes a six-acre park along the water that features a harbor walk, an events lawn, public viewing areas, ornate floral displays and retail and dining experiences that overlook the Encore Harbor Walk.
*JOB RESPONSIBILITIES: *
- Ensures all Encore Boston Harbor core values and property and department standards are implemented and applied.
- care about everyone and everything
- show never ending attention to detail
- take responsibility; don't leave it to others
- always strive to be better
- Implements short-and long-term departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures; monitors and evaluates operational effectiveness; effects changes required for improvement. Identifies key drivers of success.
- Held accountable for departmental performance, and the accuracy, confidentiality, and thoroughness of departmental policies and procedures; records and reports.
- Oversees the performance of team members under his/her area of responsibility.
- Monitors all activities of the department to ensure that all applicable internal policies, federal and state laws, rules, regulations and controls property wide are enforced.
- Ensures department delivers and maintains a maximum level of property-wide service and satisfaction.
- Facilitates communication throughout the property by organizing and presiding over regularly scheduled meetings with team members within the department and with other departments as appropriate to ensure property wide communication.
- Oversees all hiring, performance management, and employee engagement within the department. Provides training opportunities, constructive and positive feedback to team members within area of responsibility. Creates a motivating environment.
- Keeps informed of all new developments within the department and makes recommendations designed to maximize department and company success.
- Effectively manages internal and external guest relations, which may require levels of patience, tact and diplomacy. Responsible for addressing guest and team member issues as appropriate.
- Manages multiple priorities simultaneously and meets deadlines, often in stressful and high-pressure situations.
- Must have the ability to promote positive, fair, and ethical relations with all team members, with all Encore contractors, and in all interactions within the Host and Surrounding Communities, as an ambassador of the Encore brand.
- Plans, directs and coordinates activities of departmental technology projects to ensure that goals or objectives of projects are accomplished within prescribed time frames and funding parameters.
- Has overall responsibility for planning, directing and coordinating activities pertaining to technology projects for a given business unit.
- Responsible to provide timelines and other project documents in a professional manner
- Works closely with the assigned user community (and through business technologists) to determine how technology might assist in addressing its needs, and then translates these needs into system requirements and design specifications.
- Understands how to leverage solutions for competitive advantage.
- Manages a dynamic team of individuals who constantly search for creative ways to elevate the capabilities of technology systems to meet business needs, partly by capitalizing on emerging technologies and partly by adapting technologies to the needs of the customer.
- Ensures proper communication with the business ensuring that internal customers participate, drive many elements of this strategy and mediate competing needs among stakeholders. Work with the Senior Manager of the Business Intelligence Group (BIG) to find solutions to conflicting ideas and priorities while making progress on strategy and while keeping everyone satisfied.
- Works with product vendors to ensure visibility of problems identified above and/or enhancement opportunities.
- Works with business partners to review and screen products and vendors as needed.
- Provides subject matter/domain expertise within the assigned vertical.
- Understands all aspects of computer hardware.
- People Management and Training.
- Provides leadership and assistance to departmental staff.
- Enhances and maintain IT Division standards and encourage refresher training to maintain Team Members’ competency levels.
- Demonstrates and maintain effective communication with all Team Members
- Promotes a work environment where employees feel valued, appreciated and involved Company and Department Responsibilities.
- Always always maintains strict confidentiality on all matters.
- Interacts with department and Company Team Members, management, and contractors professionally and positively.
- Encourages good relationships, promote team spirit, and ensure effective two-way and multi-cultural communications.
- Adheres to Company policies and procedures and comply with the Code of Conduct.
- Remains well-mannered and well-groomed as per department and Company standards always.
- Follows health and safety standards and strive for constant improvement to avoid health and injury hazards.
- Cleans and tidy the office and participate in the Company recycling program and follow a strict discipline to reduce, re-use and recycle wherever possible.
- Duties and Responsibilities are may be changed at the discretion of IT Executive Management.
- Works with safety as a priority and follows department and company safety standards.
- Maintains relevant knowledge of industry through continuing education and training.
- Performs any other job-related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Age, Gaming and Certifications:
- 21 years of age or above.
- Will be required to obtain and maintain registration, or a license issued by the Massachusetts Gaming Commission.
- Strong consideration given for individuals who possess experience in large property pre-opening projects and IT operation experience in both gaming and hospitality.
*Education and/or Experience: *
- Bachelor’s Degree or above in a related field or equivalent experience required.
- Proven working experience as an IT Manager or relevant experience.
- Hands on experience with all forms of computer hardware – desktops, laptops, printers, speakers, copiers, scanners, and mobile devices.
- 3 to 5 years in computer hardware environment, or equivalent is required.
- 2 to 3 years of demonstrated management/supervisory experience in end user computing environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, & PowerPoint.
- Candidate must have experience with scheduling technical staff in a 24 X 7 X 365 environment.
- Candidate must have experience with planning and project management.
- Must possess outstanding organizational, interpersonal, and administrative skills, as well as excellent attention to detail.
- Knowledge of union as well as non-union working environments preferred.
- Gaming Industry or Casino Operator Experience or hospitality is preferred.
- Technical management experience in a dynamic high-technology environment is a key success factor.
- Working knowledge of all state, federal, and gaming laws and regulations.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents, such as policy and procedure manuals, maintenance instructions, and other related documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries from other employees or guests. Fluency in English required, second language a plus. Ability to write detailed instructions and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations.
Mathematical Skills & Reasoning Ability:
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to decipher reports and maintain reports on request.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is also regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit, climb or balance, and stoop, stretch, bend, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Essential responsibilities include moderate physical ability such as lift or maneuver at least thirty (30) pounds, and varied instances of standing/walking.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that exists while Team Members are performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is typically moderate. When on the property or some back of house areas, the noise level increases to loud. Must be able to interact with internal and external guests in a professional manner.
- Due to the unpredictable nature of the hospitality/entertainment industry, Team Members must be able to work varying-schedules to reflect the business needs of the property.
In accordance with our host and surrounding community agreements, we will give preference to properly qualified residents of the cities of (1) Everett, (2) Malden, and (3) Boston, Cambridge, Chelsea, Medford, and Somerville.
Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: Everett, MA
Job Type: Hospitality - Hotel
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 14/1/2021