L3Harris Senior Information Assurance Systems Engineer in Fall River, Massachusetts
Senior Information Assurance Systems Engineer
Job ID IMS20202205-45850
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com at https://l3harris.mergerannouncement.com/
The Senior Information Assurance Systems Engineer is first and foremost a Systems Engineer who is also a subject matter expert in the development of systems and equipment that protect classified National Security information. S/he will be responsible for applying security and cryptography expertise throughout the Systems Engineering process to develop and successfully certify National Security systems on time, within the allotted budget, and with low residual risk.
The Information Assurance Systems Engineer is an ideal position for those with either Systems Engineering academic or industry experience in the design, development, and test of Information Assurance solutions for Defense and Intelligence community customers. The successful candidate will possess both expertise in Systems Engineering as well as in Information Assurance, Security, and Cryptography. Demonstrated history of success in developing NSA Approved products is highly desirable.
Within the Security engineering context, his or her primary responsibility will be performing Concept of Operations development, Requirements decomposition/synthesis, Architecture Development and analysis, and security test planning and execution.
The Information Assurance Systems Engineer position is for those with a demonstrated history of success executing the Risk Management Framework (RMF) process for US Defense and/or Intelligence Community customers. Demonstrated history of success in performing the RMF process leading to on-time ATO in the Intelligence Community space is highly desirable. This role is responsible for ensuring delivered information systems meet security standards throughout the systems’ lifecycle in accordance with applicable DoD policies including, but not limited to: DoDI 8500.01, DoDI 8510.01, NIST SP-800-53, CNSSI-1253, and their invoked secondary policies/documents. Familiarity with the U.S. Navy’s CYBERSAFE program is highly desirable. The Engineer is responsible for developing all documentation needed to obtain an Authorization to Operate (ATO) for fielded systems.
The successful candidate will possess:
• A Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering discipline, Master’s degree highly desired (computer science, computer engineering, cybersecurity, systems engineering, information management, applied mathematics) and at least 2 years of experience in Risk Management Framework (RMF) that led do attainment of an Authorization to Operate (ATO)
• At least 6+ years’ experience in Systems Engineering of Information Assurance systems/products and/or Cybersecurity
• US Citizenship required
• (minimum) previously held a US Government security clearance.
• Willingness to travel up to 10% of time
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills; works with others to coordinate efforts, influence and resolve cross-team issues and effectively communicate changes
• Proven ability to work through customer requirements to derive technical requirements leading to product solutions, certification, and fielding. Experienced with requirements tracking and management.
• A complete understanding of the systems engineering process from systems concept phase through systems test. Must be adept at: Architecture Development, Functional Analysis, Requirements Allocation & Traceability, Trade-off Studies, System Synthesis and System Evaluation (Integration & Verification Testing).
• Experience in embedded computing principles, development and accreditation of Risk Management Framework (RMF) impacted systems or equipment.
• Proven track record of success and experience in the architecture, design, analysis, integration, and test of NSA Approved Type 1 Certified systems or equipment
• Ability to act as a single Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Information Assurance, Security, and Cryptography to ensure the successful development of new systems and equipment; ultimately resulting in successful and on-time Certifications
• Exceptional security architecture development skills; specifically including the ability to make complex design trade-offs affecting system security
• Hands-on experience hardening special-purpose embedded computing equipment
• Experience with Information Assurance Certifications for National Security Systems or Classified Systems
• Experience in continuous monitoring of an accredited system as well as patch applications, maintenance of anti-virus and firewall configurations, Audit log analysis and familiarity with SIEM tools
• Has Cybersecurity Credentials meeting any DoD Directive 8570.01 level (e.g., Security+ CE, CCNA Security, CISSP)
• Experience in developing documents for NSA approval for Unmanned system encryption/Cryptography requirements for Navy RMF authorization and for System Security Engineering efforts to include security architecture.
Active US Government security clearance (DOD Secret minimum)
Experienced with Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)
• Experience negotiating security requirements with NSA Technical Evaluators
• Experience with NSA TSRD, IASRD, and FSDA requirements and processes
• Experience with development of NSA Security Evaluation Document (SED) CDRLs. Multiple programs is highly desirable.
• Proven ability to influence Authorizing Officials and their agents when selecting security controls and addressing Plans of Actions and Milestones (POAMs)
• Proven track record of success in obtaining Authorizations to Operate (ATOs) on multiple fielded systems
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
- L3Harris Jobs