Belcan Electrical Engineer in Fitchburg, Massachusetts
Job Number: 282779
Category: Electrical / Electronics
Description: An Electrical Engineer job in Fitchburg, MA is now accepting applications. This is a permanent / direct position with our key marine client. To be considered, you will have a Bachelor of Science degree from a 4 year accredited college of university in Electrical Engineering and at least 10-15 years’ experience with the design and application of motor drives or similar power electronic equipment. In this role, you are expected to have significant interactions with suppliers, other company locations, and customers; so the candidate should be comfortable with this. This is a broad technical role which will require understanding of various aspects of motor drives; including conventional motor drive hardware topologies, motor control methodologies for different motor types (synchronous PMM, Induction Machine), EMC filtering, and typical power electronics cooling methodologies. The candidate should also be familiar and comfortable with testing of motor drives and similar electrical equipment and familiar with typical agency requirements, such as IEC, for motor drives.
Ideally, you should have direct experience with high power (+1MW) low voltage motor drive development for commercial and marine markets. Additionally, specific experience in designing for and obtaining certification for motor drives in marine use (ABS, BV, DNV) is a distinct advantage.
Electrical Engineer Job Responsibilities:
• Development of new motor drives and other electric power equipment for the commercial and marine markets
• Independently contribute directly to project success through individual technical contributions
• Interface with other departments as well as suppliers to develop the best overall designs
• Interface with new suppliers for manufacturing localization efforts
• Communicate and present technical and programmatic information to technical and non-technical individuals
• Development of test plans for motor drives and other electrical equipment, including selection of instrumentation and auxiliary equipment, development of test procedures, debugging, and overall test oversight
• Bachelor of Science degree from a 4 year accredited college or university in Electrical Engineering. Candidates with substantial relevant work experience in lieu of an engineering degree will be considered.
• 5 years plus of engineering experience
• Experience with the design and application of motor drives or similar power electronic equipment
• Proven track record of successful power electronic engineering design and integration
• US citizen
• Must be able to obtain security clearance
• Some travel may be required 10%-15%
• Understanding of test equipment
Additional Desirable Qualifications Skills and Knowledge:
• Motor drive analysis/simulation tools (PSpice, Matlab, Simplorer, or equivalent)
• Systems analysis tools (ETAP or equivalent)
• Specific experience obtaining marine certifications (ABS, BV, DNV)
• Test engineering experience (instrumentation and procedure development)
• Familiarity with commercial and Military specifications
• Specific experience with the design and integration of large (+1MW) motor drives for the marine market
If you are interested in this Electrical Engineer job in Fitchburg, MA, please apply via the “apply now” link provided. Belcan is a leading provider of qualified personnel to many of the world's most respected enterprises. We offer excellent opportunities for contract/temporary, temp-to-hire, and direct assignments in the engineering, IT, and professional fields. We are the employer of choice for thousands worldwide. Our overriding goal is to provide quality staffing solutions that help people, organizations, and communities succeed. Belcan is a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.belcan.com.
Location: Fitchburg , MA
Minimum Experience (yrs): 0-5
Required Education: Bachelor (BA, BS...)
Return to search results Email this job to a friend
If you have previously registered with us, pleaseLog into apply for this position.
*Logged in members may also add jobs to their job cart